May 30 2020 Top 10 In Demand Programming languages in 2020
Make Use of This Time
As we continue to practice social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, why not use this time to step up your career development goals? With the job market constantly changing, there’s always a demand for new technology. Learning a new programming language is just about the best skill you can acquire to prepare yourself for the ever-changing job market.
Whether you’re a novice or advanced programmer, it’s important to know what’s trending in the industry. So, where should you start? Well, to help make sure that your skills are always in demand, we’ve come up with a list of the top 10 trending programming languages for 2020.
Now, ready to learn some new skills and expand your career opportunities? Let’s dive into this list and start your next career move! (This isn’t a popularity ranking, so feel free to start with whichever language you’re most interested in!)
10 Most Trending Programming Languages in 2020
- The most versatile programming language. It’s simple to learn, and can be used across many applications. Great for novice programmers as well as professionals.
- With its motto, “Write once, run anywhere”, it is known to be used by many large enterprises for its stability. It’s also widely used for Android applications. If you’re looking into working for a large organization, Java is the way to go!
- A “frontend” language that is widely used across web browsers. It works extremely well with other programming languages and is quite easy to learn. Its popularity with startups makes it a great option for those who are looking into starting a tech career.
- A good starting point for beginners. Is known for its speed and stability. If you are interested in system programming, definitely look into C++.
- A general-purpose programming language designed by Microsoft to be used with the Windows OS. Great for backend programming, building games, and building Windows-based applications.
- If you’re looking into Android application development, Kotlin is definitely your first choice of programming language. A simple and concise language, it’s great for other uses too.
- Just like its name, Swift is a fast and safe language, and is mainly used to develop iOS applications. Since it was designed by Apple for use with iOS-based applications, Swift coding resources are easily accessible online.
- If you’re looking into web development, Ruby is great for beginners. It’s simple, yet effective, and can be functioned as both frontend and backend. It’s quite a hit with tech startups.
- One of the popular backend programming languages. It is used by well-established organizations such as Facebook and Yahoo. Although its demand is low compared to Python and Java, it is still one of the most valued languages in the market.
- Built by Google, it is widely used in Silicon-based startups. Go is known for its efficiency and great support for multithreading, which makes it a top choice for working with large databases.
So, now that you’ve gone through the list, which programming languages do you want to learn? With so many resources available online, let’s use this time wisely and get started on your next career move!
Ready to take the next step? Submit CV and gain access to hundreds of handpicked jobs and opportunities across Japan today.