Aug 22 2018 Workshop/Event manager and Career Advisor at diverse and growing "recruiting" company working to transform the way we work
Established in 2013, we are a growing company whose mission is to connect passionate young global talent with innovative companies in Japan. Our vision is to transform Japan and ensure that everyone will enjoy pursuing their passion within their work place.
Commonly held beliefs of homogeneity in Japanese society are perhaps best reflected in one of its oldest aphorisms “the nail that sticks out gets hammered in.” As a result of this, many people, particularly those with an international background do not feel comfortable to express their uniqueness and their passion entirely – this is particularly evident in Japan’s work culture.
Our company believes that conforming to traditional systems, particularly in job-hunting in Japan (i.e. Shukatsu) limits fulfillment in the work place. By connecting global talent to Japan’s most innovative companies, we believe that these companies can become the models for other Japanese companies and individuals, and demonstrate how people can really live their passion in their work place. We want to show others that “to work is not a means to an end” but rather “to work itself is the end goal in achieving one’s passion”.
Our team is composed of highly motivated people, from various nationalities, with different cultural/educational/working background but with the collective ambition of building expertise within the human capital field, be it as sales manager, career consultant or others.
We embrace diversity and multiculturalism, and as such, we aspire to become a role model for companies in other industries too. We work on lot of “experiments” on how we can incorporate global trends in making the work place a better and fun place.
A) Core roles:
– Provide career consulting session to registered users (mostly foreign international students and also mid-career professionals), in English (most of the time and sometimes in Japanese).
– Introduce jobs that match candidates’ profile and expectations.
– Prepare recommendations ensuring quality.
– Communicate with candidates in a timely fashion concerning interviews with companies, schedules, via email and phone.
– Record information in a timely and accurate manner, using our internal data base system.
B) Side roles:
– Plan and execute various workshops and events that are related to career/skills building for global talents
-Community building: Create good quality candidate network/community through organizing value-added projects. This will include but not limited to providing career related sessions; group works for our targeted community etc.… Online community is managed by another team member, so you will be in charge of managing off-line face-to-face community building.
– In turns with other career consultants and also based on preference, deliver career talks for international students at Universities.
– Passion in human resource/human capital field; or at least serious (proven) intention to build expertise in this area.
– Great communication skills
– Fluency in English
– Passion for innovation and startups
– Passion for making a positive change in people’s life by providing guidance.
– Proven ability to set priorities and be able to focus on important tasks.
– Proven ability to delegate tasks (e.g. to career consultant support staff).
– Can start ASAP or at the latest by the end of September 2018
– Great project management skills
– Proven track record of organizing events
– Currently residing in Japan with valid visa *Possible to issue work visa, but we cannot accept the applicants with a tourist visa.
– Working experience in the HR field, but in other fields/roles as well.
– Good knowledge of the Japanese job market, industries, and career trends.
– Commitment to work for the company for a long time.
– Currently residing in the Tokyo area
Expected starting date: ASAP *At the latest by the end of September 2018 but we will prioritize those who can start working soon
– Working hours: Monday~Friday; Core hour 10:00-16:00, 8 hours a day
– Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, paid leaves, sick-paid leaves, ceremonial paid leaves, end of the year holidays, and additional 2 paid leaves if all paid leaves are taken (to encourage rest and good energy re-charging in our team members).
– 3-month trial period.
– Monthly salary based on your experience
Model salary is as below:
With no or less than one year of related professional work experience: Monthly salary: 230,000JPY
With more than one year and less than three years of related work experience: Monthly salary: 240,000JPY to 270,000JPY
With more than three years of related work experience: Monthly salary: 270,000JPY to 290,000JPY
・Bonus: performance incentives from each successful match you help to secure, to be paid every 4 months.
-Expected annual salary (if you perform as expected) will be between 3.2 million JPY to 5 million JPY including the performance based bonus *Possible to exceed this amount if you perform well
– If you reside in walking distance from our office, your will received additional ¥ 30,000 per month as housing allowance.
– Transportation cost: covered up to ¥ 30,000 per month.
-Salary promotion: Once a year (April)
Please send e-mail to [email protected] attaching your very updated English CV, and 1-page motivation letter (English preferably).
We will make a 5-minute call to promising candidates and eventually will invite for a face to face interview (conducted both in Japanese and English) with various team members.
Final selection process will include one day to two day trial work at our office
We will deliver the results in around 2 weeks.
Our working environment:
– We started in May 2013 with a really small team and small office. Thanks to our team’s passion in this field as well as great support base, we have grown in numbers and space and we are becoming a reference for foreigners not only in Japan, but also overseas.
– English and Japanese are the official languages but during interviews with students, other languages, such as Spanish, are also used/combined.
– We have been featured in mass media such as NHK, WBS (TV Tokyo), Nikkei Asia [http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Japan-s-companies-must-break-the-language-barrier?page=1]
– Although all team members have their own working space, they also move around using various premises, including standing desks.
-English is used as main language in the office, while we combine Japanese among Japanese employees and also encourage non-Japanese speakers to improve Japanese
-Starbucks is located in walking distance, and nice greenery university campus is also in walking distance
Ready to take the next step? Submit CV gain access to hundreds of handpicked jobs and opportunities across Japan today.