Sep 11 2019 Recruitment Consultant
Established in 2013, we are a growing company whose mission is to connect passionate young global talent with innovative companies in Japan. Our vision is to transform Japan and ensure that everyone will enjoy pursuing their passion within their work place.
Our company believes that conforming to traditional systems, particularly in job-hunting in Japan (i.e. Shukatsu) limits fulfillment in the work place. By connecting global talents to Japan’s most innovative companies, we believe that these companies can become the models for other Japanese companies and individuals, and demonstrate how people can really live their passion in their work place. We want to show others that “to work is not a means to an end” but rather “to work itself is the end goal in achieving one’s passion”.
Our team is composed of highly motivated people, from various nationalities, with different cultural, educational, working background but with the collective ambition of building expertise within the human capital field, be it as a sales manager, career consultant or others. We embrace diversity and multiculturalism, and as such, we aspire to become a role model for companies in other industries too. We work on a lot of “experiments” on how we can incorporate global trends in making the work place a better and fun place.
As we are growing our business, we are currently looking for a Recruitment Consultant who will be dedicating to help fellow foreigners find their IKIGAI in Japan. As a recruitment consultant, you will be able to help foreign people in bridging various kinds of gaps they have when it comes to job hunting/job change. You are able to listen to people’s stories, show them some possibilities that people may not realize by themselves. Our company is dedicated to curate only the companies that we can be proud to introduce to candidates based on our corporate values. You will be able to experience being a part of change for people’s lives!
– Provide career consulting session to registered users (mostly foreign international students and also mid-career professionals), in English
– Introduce jobs that match candidates’ profile and expectations.
– Provide necessary training, information to candidates for interviews with Japanese companies
-Contribute in building a better team & company at Active Connector: Though it has been over years since we were established, there are so many points we should improve in terms of quality and efficiency. We are looking for those who can proactively come up with solutions for improvement and make an even better team together!
-Based on your career plan, there are some self-initiated project that you can be involved. There are other team led projects you can take part of (such as people development, operation improvement etc…)
– Have passion in recruitment/human capital field; or at least serious (proven) intention to build expertise in this area
– Great communication skills
– Fluency in English *No Japanese is required
– Passion for innovation and startups
– Passion for making a positive change in people’s lives by providing guidance
– Proven ability to set priorities and be able to focus on important tasks
– Proven ability to delegate tasks (e.g. to career consultant support staff)
– Currently residing in Japan with a valid visa *Possible to issue work visa, but we cannot accept applicants with a tourist visa.
– Working experience in the recruitment field, but in other fields/roles as well
– Good knowledge of the Japanese job market, industries, and career trends
– Commitment to work for the company for a long time
– Currently residing in the Tokyo area
Expected starting date: Negotiable. But we will prioritize those who can start working from mid July or around that time
– Working hours: Monday~Friday; Core hour 10:00-16:00, 8 hours a day (FLEX TIME)
– Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, paid leaves, sick-paid leaves, ceremonial paid leaves, end of the year holidays, and additional 2 paid leaves if all paid leaves are taken (to encourage rest and good energy to re-charge our team members), 3 day summer holiday (Taken between June-September)
– 3-months trial period
-After completion of your trial period, you are eligible to work from home 1.5 day a week
– Monthly salary based on your experience
Model salary is as below:
With no or less than one year of related professional work experience: Monthly salary: 230,000JPY-250,000JPY
With more than one year and less than four years of related work experience: Monthly salary: 250,000JPY to 290,000JPY
With more than four years of related work experience: Monthly salary: 290,000JPY to 330,000JPY
・Bonus: performance incentives from each successful match you help to secure, to be paid every 4 months.
-Expected annual salary (if you perform as expected) will be between 3.2 million JPY to 6 million JPY including the performance based bonus *Possible to exceed this amount if you perform well
– If you reside in walking distance from our office, you will receive an additional ¥ 30,000 per month as housing allowance.
– Transportation cost: covered up to ¥ 30,000 per month.
-Salary promotion: Once a year (April)
Please send an e-mail to [email protected] attaching your updated English CV, and 1-page motivation letter (English preferably).
We will make a 5-minutes call to promising candidates and eventually invite you for a face to face interview (conducted both in Japanese and English) with various team members.
The Final selection process will include a one day to two day trial work at our office.
We will deliver the results in around 2 weeks.
Our working environment:
– We started in May 2013 with a really small team and small office. Thanks to our team’s passion in this field as well as great support base, we have grown in numbers and space and we are becoming a reference for foreigners not only in Japan, but also overseas.
– English and Japanese are the official languages but during interviews with students, other languages, such as Spanish, are also used/combined..
– We have been featured in mass media such as NHK, WBS (TV Tokyo), Nikkei Asia
Click HERE if you want to read about it.
– Although all team members have their own working space, they also move around using various premises, including standing desks. (To channel your creative freedom)
– English is used as the main language in the office, while we combine Japanese among Japanese employees and also encourage non-Japanese speakers to improve their Japanese level.
– Starbucks is a walking distance and we are near a big university with a lot of space for long walks and opportunity to check out various food trucks.
What type of team members will YOU be working with?:
Read the interview articles to understand the passion of other consultants in the team!
Ready to take the next step? Submit CV gain access to hundreds of handpicked jobs and opportunities across Japan today.