Active Connector respects your privacy and pays close attention to the management and protection of personal information.
Personal information is considered as any information that can be used to uniquely identify or contact an individual. We collect and use your information below to provide our services, and to measure and improve them over time.
Information Collected Upon Registration: To process and keep track of your applications with companies, you create an Active Connector account and provide personal information, including but not limited to your name, username, password, date of birth, visa status, gender, and email address.
Additional Information: You also provide us with information via online, over-the-phone or in-person consultation, filling out forms, correspondence through messaging/email and sharing your resume with us. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services or to market your profile to prospective employers.
Purpose of using personal information
The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways.
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process.
- To assess data about you with vacancies which we determine may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs.
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you.
- To market our full range of recruitment services to you (permanent, temporary, contract, outplacement and recruitment process outsourcing services).
- To enable us to develop and market other products and services, improve our customer service, and make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies’ websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience).
- To send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events, and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you.
- To answer your questions and enquiries.
- To share with third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test.
- To share with third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners.
- To share with regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime or, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- To use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
Providing personal information to a third party
- When it is judged that the user exerts a disadvantage to a third party.
- When we are required to disclose personal information by the agency which has the authority, such as a court, public prosecutor’s office or the police.
- When we are asked to provide or disclose to any third party which is explicitly admitted by the user.
- When the provision or disclosure is permitted by law.
Exemption clause for providing personal information to a third party
In the following occasions relating to the acquisition of personal information by a third party, Active Connector will not take any responsibility.
- If the personal information provided by the user is used in an external site which is linked from our service.
- If anyone other than the user obtains the user’s identifying information (ID · password, etc.).
Personal information management
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet.
Personal information that has been provided to the companies upon the consent of the users is managed in accordance with the rules on personal information management established by the applicant companies.For each company, Active Connector strives to properly manage personal information within the scope of the purposes of use.
Change of personal information
Users can view, revise, add, delete and write off the personal information that has been registered in this service at any time. You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request.
Accuracy of personal information
Active Connector strives to make accurate data processing of the personal information users provide. However, users should take the responsibility for providing accurate and up-to-date personal information.
Restriction on acquiring sensitive personal information
Active Connector does not request and record the following personal information. However, this does not apply if the user voluntarily provides it.
Political views and religious beliefs.
Race, ethnicity, family origin, physical and mental disability, criminal history, and other social discrimination.
- Matters related to acts of collective action and other collective bargaining.
- Participation in group industrial action, the exercise of the right of petition, and other matters relating to the exercise of political rights.
- Seual orientation and health.
- Political views and religious beliefs.
Management of personal information
In order to prevent the loss, misuse and modification of personal information under Active Connector’s control, Active Connector is committed to taking appropriate security measures. General users cannot get access to others’ personal information.
Google Analytics uses Display Advertising
The Google Analytics features we have implemented are based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
Changes to this Policy