- About the company
- When it comes to saving or making investment decisions, different companies usually provide advice focusing on specific (different) items for the same individual. This is like having a silo mentality, and individuals rarely receive comprehensive solutions.
This company’s vision, taking advantage of the growing FinTech sector, is to provide the best saving-investment solutions for individuals considering their entire lifespan. They are working on providing comprehensive solutions than can really maximize value for individuals, making use of automation that can suggest the best possible choices. Currently, the company is still serving financial institutions as main clients, but their goal is to provide these services and help to as many people as possible.
The company is looking for innovative engineers to join their team and grow the business with them.
Those who can bring creative solutions, technical expertise and an innovative mindset are very welcome.
Given their platform's stage of development, there is plenty of room for you to develop and implement your great ideas, as the company welcomes those with startup mindsets.
Compared to other FinTech companies, one of the great strengths of this company is that they combine financial expertise with AI. Other companies focus merely on AI, lacking sufficient financial background. The CEO himself is an expert in finance and a proven successful entrepreneur who already created two companies before.
The company has a partner in Taiwan and is currently working on expanding their business overseas, to countries such as China and in other parts of Asia. China is especially an important target as there is a big wealth gap, and this company is committed to providing tools for everybody to have access to opportunities regardless of societal status.
They already have a number of talented foreigners in the team: engineers from China, Russia, Korea, and the U.S. Considering the high level of the team members' expertise, this company is a great environment for someone aspiring to polish more of his/her technical skills. The team leader, who is from China, has world-class tech skills, completed his engineering PhD degree, and also did research at Tokyo University.
- Corporate Culture
- Although English is not the official work language, there is no language barrier problem as there are also English speaking engineers.
Board members can speak English as well. Their mindset is set to innovation and globalization.
There is no dress code at all and the company values efficiency and time management. Therefore, meetings are held only when it is really necessary.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- PR Aspects
- Depending on individual situations, the company can offer different working arrangements. Also, you can choose your starting work time between 9:00/10:00/11:00.
- This company is an InsurTech venture that is revolutionizing the 32 trillion yen black box market.
Their mission is to "eliminate the asymmetry of insurance information and empower individuals", and they develop and operate an insurance management application—an InsurTech solution.
Japan is the world's second largest insurance market: four out of five people have life insurance.
The market size is about 32 trillion yen—the second largest market after the automobile, construction and medical markets.
Despite the large market, there is an asymmetry of information between buyers and sellers, and there are many pain points for end users.
To solve this problem, this company's insurance management application encourages "visualization of users' insurance" with its policy management and second opinion functions. Various updates are planned for the future.
In terms of technology, the company envisions introducing blockchain and further image analysis.
Their goal is to help individuals build their assets by allowing them to entrust their information with peace of mind and to cut back where possible.
The successful candidate will work with customers, mainly financial and business companies, on projects to realize more efficient and advanced operations using AI technology.
Developing, implementing, and maintaining machine learning models.
Examples of projects
- Development of forecasting technology related to the analysis of financial market trends and asset management, with a focus on stocks, exchange rates, and raw material prices.
- Development of new services related to finance (risk management, customer portfolio management, window automation, etc.)
- Development of AI models for Fintech collaboration and marketing.
- Building consumer finance credit models.
- Shop strategy, sales forecasting, and product demand forecasting
- Use of deep learning foundation models for natural language processing and image recognition
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- Strong interest in data analysis and artificial intelligence.
- Experience in programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistical methods.
- Ability to explain the results of data analysis to customers in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Japanese Level
- Experience in PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) of data analysis, from setting up appropriate problems to actual data analysis and improvement, in order to solve issues.
- Experience of working in the financial sector.
- Experience in customer negotiations.
- Ideal candidate
- - The ideal candidate will have strong enthusiasm even if they do not have domain knowledge or experience in the business.*/*
- The type of person who works hard and diligently on the tasks given to them.*/*
- People who are curious and willing to try new things.*/*
- A person who can work in a team."
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- The company currently has 7 team members: 4 engineers (2 regular employees/2 external), 1 designer (external), 1 planning person, and 1 marketing person.
The company does not have a complete division of labor.
They are a "cross-functional team," where each person has their own area of expertise and is also involved in other areas.
There is a main person in charge of the API, client, and front-end, but everyone is responsible for implementing all areas.
Since the company is a small group, they haven't fully established a company culture yet, and you will be able to contribute to building it. At the moment, the company is emphasizing that "we don't take orders from the top, but give feedback to each other regardless of company history or age."
The same goes for PullRequest reviews.
- Remote Work