- About the company
- This company was founded as the first startup by one of the major Japanese airline groups with a mission of "expanding all possibilities of humankind by making avatars new abilities for everyone". They have been developing the world's first avatar platform that allows anyone to freely use avatars implemented in society. By accessing the platform from websites and apps, in other words, "Avatar In", people all over the world can enter the real world from the digital world as social infrastructure and move their avatars like their own bodies in real time to participate in society.
In particular, they have been speedily carrying out the following two main businesses by utilizing technology that transmits awareness, skills, and presence using remote-controlled robots "avatars" to solve social issues.
▶️Development of general-purpose avatars that anyone can use easily, in which people can naturally connect and communicate in a real space.
▶️Construction and social implementation of an avatar social infrastructure allow people to connect in real-time in the real world beyond spatial and physical restrictions and support each other in standard times and emergencies.
In addition, they launched an international prize race with a total prize of about 1 billion yen in 2018, and are leading the global movement to form a new avatar market involving 820 teams from 81 countries.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- All members of the development team are foreign nationals, so all communication is done only in English. They have diverse members from a total of 12 nationalities (Japan, China, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Egypt, India, Italy, Turkey, Canada, Brazil, and Chile). They also, offer VISA support.
- Other details
- Flex time system
- Values clearly defined
- You can work from home
- Visa support
You will be a software engineer responsible for the development of next-generation emerging technologies in Telepresence and avatars. They are expecting the candidate should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
As a Core SDK engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to needs in order to address their fast-paced business growth and evolvement, also you may be involved in the ongoing research topics they have. They need their engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as they continue to push technology forward.
・Design and build reliable, easy-to-use, well-documented SDKs for real-time applications on desktop and mobile platforms.
・Optimize existing software developed in C++.
・Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards.
・Collaborate with Product and other Development teams on improving and adding new features.
・Develop support software applications, hardware interfaces, and new functionality enhancements.
・Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, and maintainable code.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
-Professional experience in C++ development with proof of work (e.g. via GitHub repositories).
-5+ years of relevant work experience in C++.
-Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages using Python, Node.js or C#.
-Knowledge of porting native C++ code to higher level languages: python modules, C# wrappers, JS NAPI.
-Strong knowledge of software design patterns, object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
-Experience working with team members under project development & Git.
-Familiarity with game engines such as Unity3D is preferred.
-Strong collaboration, communication skills, and a passion for learning.
- Japanese Level
-Knowledge of game engines such as Unity3D.
- Ideal candidate
- -Love working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly.
-A valued team player in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Remote Work