- About the company
- This company was founded as the first startup by one of the major Japanese airline groups with a mission of "expanding all possibilities of humankind by making avatars new abilities for everyone". They have been developing the world's first avatar platform that allows anyone to freely use avatars implemented in society. By accessing the platform from websites and apps, in other words, "Avatar In", people all over the world can enter the real world from the digital world as social infrastructure and move their avatars like their own bodies in real time to participate in society.
In particular, they have been speedily carrying out the following two main businesses by utilizing technology that transmits awareness, skills, and presence using remote-controlled robots "avatars" to solve social issues.
▶️Development of general-purpose avatars that anyone can use easily, in which people can naturally connect and communicate in a real space.
▶️Construction and social implementation of an avatar social infrastructure allow people to connect in real-time in the real world beyond spatial and physical restrictions and support each other in standard times and emergencies.
In addition, they launched an international prize race with a total prize of about 1 billion yen in 2018, and are leading the global movement to form a new avatar market involving 820 teams from 81 countries.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- All members of the development team are foreign nationals, so all communication is done only in English. They have diverse members from a total of 12 nationalities (Japan, China, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Egypt, India, Italy, Turkey, Canada, Brazil, and Chile). They also, offer VISA support.
- Other details
- Flex time system
- Values clearly defined
- You can work from home
- Visa support
- As a Senior Software Development Engineer in the cloud team, you will play a vital role in developing systems, which manage and distribute massive traffics for robots globally in a real-time manner. Real-time communication is a combination of low-level OS technologies and various networking protocol standards.
You are a well-experienced cloud service development engineer who has knowledge of both scalable cloud service and large-scale IO operations. You are also enthusiastic to learn new technologies and contribute to building a global ecosystem for the robot-driven industry.
・Design and implement Real-Time Communication systems.
・Design and implement integration tests that include your backend server work.
・Work on cross-disciplinary problems such as large-scale traffic distribution, information, storage and retrieval, low-latency packet delivery, secure communication, etc.
・Be hands-on and involved with every stage of the product development cycle
・Establish/extend standards and best practices for software engineering
・Share and seek expertise across groups.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-2+ years developing backend services.
-A Bachelor's or Master's in computer science or a similar tech field.
-Strong development skills in languages such as Golang, and C/C++ (existing codebase is mostly written in Golang and cgo).
-Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structures and algorithms to the problem, with a solid grasp of distributed algorithms (e.g. distributed consensus).
-Solid systems understanding (specifically Linux, and particularly around performance analysis).
-Comfortable using the tools of the trade: debuggers, source control, profiling, and unit test coverage.
-Experience developing APIs with the care they deserve (e.g. gRPC/REST with OpenAPI/Swagger).
-Experience with publishing/subscribing event buses, such as Kafka, and AMQP.
-Experience with databases, such as MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.
-Knowledge with object stores (S3, geographically distributed storage).
-Familiar with authentication and authorization techniques (e.g. OpenID Connect, RBAC).
- Japanese Level
- Ideal candidate
- -Love working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly.
-A valued team player in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Remote Work