- About the company
- The company is a fast-growing start-up that is working on the development and mass production of robotics products that transmit sight, hearing, and touch. Their mission is to “create a world where every single person at every corner of the planet can benefit from the robotic revolution.” The main objective is to free people from time and space constraints by using remotely operated robots to interact with the remote environment. They have partnered with international companies like NVIDIA to achieve this mission.
The key technologies the company works on are the combination of ultra-low latency screening, hybrid intelligent control, mobile cockpit design, and unique mechanical design. They have recently developed a robot that enables the construction of an extended labor base in the retail industry, with tele-operated robot technology at its core.
Their total funding has been about 4.5 billion yen. They plan to use the funds to expand their product development team and accelerate product development and implementation for their expanding customer base in the retail store and logistics space.
- Corporate Culture
- This fast-growing start-up has a flat organizational structure that promotes the increased involvement of each and every member of the team. Since the company is rapidly developing marketable avatar robots, control cockpits, and the cloud infrastructure necessary to connect human operations with motion data, the efficiency of the team’s coordination, speed of communication, and decision-making process is very important. The environment is very flexible but they push and motivate their employees to continuously pursue growth and development.
They focus not only on the technical skills of their employees or the candidates that they are looking for, but more importantly they are after individuals who are driven by the same passion and interest they possess in the Robotics industry.
There are many foreign employees and English is the main language used in the workplace.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- -Main clients are big companies in Japan and all over the world.
-The company has a huge potential to be the most famous Robotics company in the world.
-The CTO and CPO are known as some of the best engineers in Japan.
-Their technology has been featured on different publications and websites.
-Youtube videos about their technology have garnered hundreds and thousands of views.
- Other details
- You can work from home
- No dress code
- As a front-end software engineer, you will work on the software development of the robot operation platform of this company. This position needs professional experience with frontend application development on the game application or web.
You will work on 4 major components in their system:
1. Store operation application
2. Robot operation application
3. Operation management system (Web app to manage the robot and store)
4. Robot GUI (local web server running in the robot)
▶︎Gather and analyze requirements of our GUI and design software to meet the requirements.
▶︎Implement GUI of the robot management system
▶︎Implement UI of the robot operation system
▶︎Continuously investigate & improve the software to achieve better UI/UX
▶︎Test for newly implemented functionality with actual robot and store environment
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-3+ years of experience in Unity and C# development.
-Experience in software development on Linux and Windows OS.
-Experience in some or all of the following: a) Releasing application, b) Team development with Git, c) Developing an app with GUI with considering UI/UX, d)(Nice to Have) for B2B application.
-Creative mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Japanese Level
-Language: English (Functional), Japanese (conversational).
-VR application development experience and its design.
-Experience with ROS development.
-Experience with network application development experience.
-Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Ideal candidate
- -Someone who can take the initiative and be responsible for the entire development process.
-Someone who is interested in working at a startup to expand in-house products to the real world.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Free snack
- Free Coffee/Tea
- Special Housing Allowance
- Remote Work