- About the company
- The company is a leading provider of e-commerce, FinTech, digital content, and telecommunications services to more than 1 billion users worldwide.
The company organically links these various services based on membership, forming a unique ecosystem that cannot be found anywhere else.
- Job Description:
This company has a customer base of approximately 100 million people in Japan and 1 billion people worldwide, and provides more than 70 services, including e-commerce, payment services, financial services, telecommunications, media, and sports.
About the Department and Services
The AI Success Department (AISSD) is the department responsible for driving the company's data utilization initiatives. AISSD provides cutting-edge data science in an international environment that attracts the best talent from around the world. AISSD is expanding its data utilization efforts across their own companies in line with its strategic vision
Scope of Work
In order to enhance this activity, the company is looking for a Data Engineer/Data Science Engineer to work in one of the following departments within the AI Success Supervisory Department (AISSD):
- Data Science Consulting Department (DSCD)
- Analytics Data Engineering Department (ADED)
- Catalog Management Department (CAMD)
- Enterprise Consulting Department (ECD)
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- A background in computer science or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, especially using Python as a programming language
- Experience with common Linux commands and the Linux scripting language.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, or big data query tools such as Tez, Hive, Impala, etc.
- Experience designing and building tools for specific requirements.
- Experience building and maintaining data science platforms.
- Experience with SQL and modern relational databases.
- Japanese Level
- Experience in web service development in multiple industries.
- Knowledge of processing large data sets.
- Experience with big data machine learning toolkits such as Mahout, SparkML, H2O, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Redis, CouchBase, etc.
- Familiarity with data mining concepts and machine learning algorithms
- Experience with Spark and stream processing systems using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks such as Flume
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work
- Full remote (Under Covid-19)