- About the company
- This company is an educational institute with 2 decades of experience in the industry. They have established themselves as an institution that brings in a global business perspective to local and foreign students.
They have grown to become a leading business school to help professionals expand their repertoires and skills for the next stage in their careers.
The institute has developed a strong network and partnerships with large corporations to ensure high quality of education and graduates. Their goal is to extend their reach all over Asia and eventually become the #1 institute for professionals who seek to further their knowledge and abilities in an ever changing industry.
- Corporate Culture
- - The institute prides themselves on their professionalism and ensures that their staff and students follow.
- They are very global and offer great insights on all related business.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- - With offices and campuses around Asia, the institute has a good grasp of global trends and has a foothold in the Asian market.
- 95% of their students are foreigners.
- The company works with professionals from all over the world.
- We are looking for a Engineering Manager who will work with us to realize the growth of our product to make it the No. 1 business learning service in the world.
You will be responsible for engineering management of our product and service.
The role of the Engineering Manager in Learning Services Division is to "create a product development organization that is highly flexible and has strong development capabilities".
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Building a team in line with the business strategy (assigning, hiring, and training engineers, etc.)
- Maximizing team performance
- Supporting the growth and career development of engineers (goal setting, evaluation, feedback, etc.)
- Fostering a team culture
- Continuous improvement of the development process
- Facilitate resolution of technical issues that arise in the team
- Planning and promotion of long-term development and organizational strategies
The product/area to be assigned will be determined based on the product status and your intentions and strengths.
Currently, the following are some of the areas we are considering:
- To C/To B business: Products for students
- To B business: Products for administrators
- Common infrastructure products (settlement, marketing, data analysis, etc.)
- Language/Framework: Ruby, Rails, React, TypeScript, GraphQL
- Testing: RSpec
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Docker
- CI: CircleCI
- Communication: Slack, Zoom
- Documentation: Notion, G suite
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
Framework- Front end related
Ruby on Rails
- Business Level Japanese
- Experience in development team management (1-on-1, evaluation, hiring, etc.)
- Experience in product development (Web/App), as well as design, implementation, and operation
- Experience in scrum style development
- Ability to communicate proactively with team members
- Strong interest in our business, as well as our Mission, Vision and Values
- Japanese Level
- In-depth knowledge of specific areas of technology (server-side, front-end, apps, payments, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in the education industry and online learning for working professionals
- Experience in managing an entire development organization
- Experience in team building in a remote environment
- Knowledge and experience in coaching
- Experience in offshore development
- English communication skills
- Ideal candidate
- - Desire to work together to create a good environment rather than wanting a favorable environment
- Previous experience as a engineering manager in an organization of 100+ people
- It’s better to have experience in coordinating conflicts occurred between stakeholders
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Annual salary revisions in January and July
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Other special holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Conference/event participation support
- Book purchase support
- Language learning support
- - Proactive involvement in the creation and growth of the product organization
- The foundation for product development through the verification-improvement cycle is in place, and we are in the phase of developing this foundation
- To be involved in the expansion into overseas markets
- The ability to take on the challenge of developing products in the "working person's learning" area, which still has many unexplored areas and a large potential for growth
- We have a user community, so we have many opportunities to listen to the voices of our users
- The company provides generous support for self-development, and you can actively participate in conferences and events both in Japan and overseas
- Diversity in terms of nationality and background
- A display (MacBook Pro 15inch, 27inch) will be arranged for your work in the office
- Remote Work