- About the company
- A company that develops and operates lifestyle platform and applications that distributes videos of cooking recipes,and provide information on topics such as fashion, beauty, and love.
Their cooking recipe video service provides more than 40,000 recipes that can be easily and deliciously prepared under the supervision of a registered dietitian. As of April 2021, the total number of downloads exceeded 29 million, it has established itself as the No.1 recipe video service in Japan.
Lifestyle platform is a service for women that carefully selects and publishes only high-quality content from articles provided by more than 200 partners. It offers a wide variety of content including fashion, romance, marriage, money, lifestyle, etc. As of March 2021, the number of monthly users exceeded 45 million.
In January 2018, the company raised a total of 3.35 billion yen through a third-party allotment of new shares to Yahoo's YJ2 Investment Business Partnership, Akatsuki, United, and others. In addition to reinforcing human resources and marketing, the company also indicated its intention to develop new businesses and consider M&A. In July of the same year, Yahoo invested approximately 9.3 billion yen to purchase the shares held by existing shareholders, raising its voting rights to 45.6% and making the company a consolidated subsidiary.
- Corporate Culture
- - Flat corporate culture: Each employee is given discretion and opportunities regardless of nationality, age, or company history.
- No wasteful meetings: They set their meetings as "30 minutes in principle". They try to minimize the number of meetings and the time spent in them, but they do so with a sense of ownership that enables us to streamline operations and make decisions quickly.
- A love of products: They place importance on "being user-oriented" in all their businesses. In order to continue to create services that are useful and delightful to users, each employee is constantly in touch with the company's products and examines improvements and new features.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- PR Aspects
- - Stable foundation: Since July 2018, the company has been a subsidiary of Yahoo (Z Holdings) and continues to prepare for a stock listing.
- Their recipe video service has the No. 1 market share in Japan.
- They provide a lifestyle platform in Japan, it continues to grow into a large-scale service with 45 million monthly users.
- They are using the huge amount of customer data they have accumulated to develop new delivery and short video services.
- ◆Recruitment background
The company develops a quick commerce service that delivers a supermarket-like selection of affordable, fresh products to your home in as little as one hour. They maintain product inventory in a warehouse dedicated to online delivery with strict freshness control.
The company considers its core target to be "working parents in their 20s and 30s" who are too busy with child-rearing and work every day to take time for themselves and their families. And the service vision is "Deliver a colorful dining and more time to enjoy everyday life."
There are actually deep pains with daily shopping, such as being too busy with work to go shopping on weekdays, not wanting to bring home heavy luggage, difficulty in shopping with children, and difficulty in shopping when it rains.
That's why we aim to offer a service that makes it possible to shop online for supermarket-like selection of fresh vegetables, meats, and daily necessities.
Currently, the e-commerce rate of grocery category in Japan is "3.31%", which is much lower percentage than the other categories.
However, after 2020, consumer awareness will change dramatically due to COVID-19 infection control and the spread of working from home, and the online shift is rapidly underway. They believe that the e-commerce rate of grocery category will exceed 10% in the next 10 years, and a new market expansion of 2~3 trillion yen is expected to occur.
In the grocery e-commerce market, which has enormous potential, they would like to invent a completely new retail format called "online-only supermarket" with the mart business and create a service that solves customers' pains who feel difficulties to do their daily shopping.
They are currently looking for a "Backend Engineer" for their product team. The main technology stack is Ruby, Rails, GraphQL, and AWS for cloud infrastructure to develop mobile apps for users and supply chain management systems.
# About this job
- Modeling of business processes for supermarket retailers
- Development of GraphQL API using Ruby on Rails
- Building search engine using Elasticsearch
- Product development following the Scrum style
- Engineering that fully understands the field operations and solves the problems
# The appeal of this job
- You can develop a service that makes "daily food shopping" convenient, so you yourself can become a user of it.
- You will be able to invent a completely new retail format called "online supermarket" which can be an infrastructure for people's daily lives in the market that is expected to grow to several trillion yen in the next 10 years.
- Because they are in the initial phase, you will be able to experience having many people use the service that you have created from scratch.
- They promote recruiting non-Japanese global talents, and their communication is basically in English.
# Language & Framework
- Ruby 3
- Rails 7
# Version control
# Cloud infrastructure
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- At least 2+ years of experience in application development using Ruby on Rails
- Experience in Web API development
- Experience in DB design
- Japanese Level
- Knowledge of supermarket retail business
- Experience in AWS
- Capability of designing software based on cloud native architecture
- Ideal candidate
- - A person who can promote fast-paced development in launching new business
- A person who can select, design and implement technologies in order to grow the business and make a good product
- A person who can communicate in a team with respect
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work