- About the company
- This company has been one of the pioneers of micro-satellite technology and industry since its establishment of the company in 2008, and they envision democratizing space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. They have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and then four more satellites in March 2021. As they prepare for the upcoming launches for more satellites in the near future, they currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. And also the ability to write concise and read documents to collaborate with other team members and the ability to communicate with others is also important because they are a startup company where each individual has a lot of responsibility.
Members come from all over the world so they use English as their main communication language (The company language is both Japanese and English).
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- Other details
- English lesson for Japanese employees
- You can work from home
- You will be responsible for building the cloud infrastructure that supports a satellite imagery-based earth observation platform and using engineering practices to ensure that this service is delivered to our customers reliably and with the least latency.
Their service is constantly evolving and the ability to build new components as the system becomes is crucial to ensure the delivery of this service to customers.
▶︎Construction and operation of cloud infrastructure that supports a satellite imagery-based earth observation platform using tools such as Terraform.
▶︎Development and operation of the software to automate the release flow and visualize/improve the system's performance.
▶︎Maintaining reliable and scalable operation of the platform.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-University degree in Computer Science, Engineering fields or equivalent practical experience.
-3+ years of experience in operating and running high availability production systems using IaC tools.
-Experience building and operating a cloud-based infrastructure on AWS or GCP.
-Good understanding of Service Level concepts.
-Knowledge of containerization technologies.
-Strong background in at least two of the following: Unix, Linux OS, TCP, IP
-Reliable database operation.
-Ability to write, debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
-Solid communication skills, a strong sense of responsibility, and the ability to work under pressure.
-Experience in incident response and on-call rotations for commercial online services.
-Basic Japanese conversation skills or at least being willing to learn Japanese.
- Japanese Level
-Ability to program in python.
-Experience in working within SLO constraints.
Basic Data analysis skills.
-Knowledge of security notions and experience implementing security countermeasures.
-Experience in management or interest in management positions in the future.
-Proficiency in both Japanese and English.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Language learning support
- Remote Work