- About the company
- The company aims to simplify an otherwise grueling process, by using innovative technology. They have created Japan's first service that connects orders for custom-made processed products and processing plants all throughout Japan.
The service allows users to upload their product renderings, or drawings, which are then analyzed and provided with estimates instantaneously. The service automatically identifies the best factory that will supply high quality processed goods at a lower cost and in a reliable way. Because of the effectiveness and true need for this service, they are able to work with some of the largest and notable companies in Japan.
Working here allows you to be part of a company that is effectively implementing technology to better a sector that truly needs it. You will learn and grow, and will be challenged, while working in a progressive company that takes pride in their employees and strives to make the workplace a fun and fulfilling place.
- Corporate Culture
- This is a company that cares about their corporate culture. They offer book purchase support, a 1on1 system that allows employees to meet with managers and team leads once a month to discuss a growth plan, along with this they provide mentorship across departments to foster innovating thinking outside of the box, they select a monthly MVP who receives a great prize, there is a monthly closing meeting to discuss the progress of the business which is often followed by a party. With the aim of encouraging learning they offer external training support with all fees paid by the company, there are snacks and drinks at all times and lunch is provided once a week. They gift 100,000 Yen when a member of the company has a baby. These are some of the ways they make working there a truly exciting and enjoyable experience as you grow together and find success together.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Other details
- Flex time system
- Training opportunities
- You can work from home
- Evaluation system is established
- Visa support
- Regular corporate event (once every month or more)
- Japanese lessons for foreign employees
- This company aims to drive digitalization in the manufacturing industry, where many areas still suffer from a lack of clear standards. Establishing the industry standard is the key to streamlining and improving day-to-day operations and processes. This will require robust and flexible software development through data models that can adapt to changes in the industry.
As a backend engineer you will be responsible for making enterprise softwares that truly reflects each user’s on-the-ground operations. You will focus on understanding their operating process and its components, then selecting suitable data design and structure that will help redefine and optimize their tasks.
-Design and implementation of backend systems for systems used by their operation team, clients, and their suppliers.
-Selection and verification of middleware, frameworks, and other technologies.
-The architectural design of the entire backend system.
-System improvements based on various qualitative and quantitative research (user surveys, log analysis, inquiry analysis, etc.).
-An algorithm, interface design with frontend.
Frontend: HTML, CSS, TypeScript
Backend: TypeScript, Rust, Kotlin
Frontend: React, Apollo, Next.js, styled-components, WebGL, WebAssembly
Backend: Rust (tokio, tonic, diesel), Kotlin (Micronaut, Exposed), Node.js (express, NestJS)
・Infrastructure: GCP, GKE
・Database: PostgreSQL, Firestore
・API: GraphQL, REST, gRPC
・Development tools: GitHub, CircleCI, Figma, Sentry, DataDog, Storybook
・Communication tools: Slack, Discord, JIRA, Miro
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-An understanding of the company's mission.
-5+ years of hands-on experience developing backend systems for web applications with statically typed languages (TypeScript, Rust, Kotlin are ideal).
-Experience with more than two programming languages (including frontend).
-General knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
-Experience with relational databases.
-Familiarity with development using public cloud services such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
-Experience developing in a team using Git/GitHub.
- Japanese Level
-Experience with statically typed languages incorporating functional paradigms such as Rust, Scala, etc.
-Hands-on experience designing, developing and operating microservices.
-Hands-on experience developing websites with consideration of security requirements.
-Hands-on experience designing and developing large-scale services.
-Proficiency with container technologies such as Docker.
-Hands-on experience operating services using Kubernetes.
-Experience with BFF and GraphQL servers
Understanding of user-facing frontend development.
- Ideal candidate
- -Someone who shares their mission, values, and culture.
-Someone who is interested in business process innovation in the manufacturing industry.
-Someone who has an eagerness to learn new technologies.
-Someone who has a basic understanding of information technology and programming techniques.
-Someone who values teamwork and is able to share thoughts and ideas proactively.
-Someone who can take ownership and take on challenges quickly.