- About the company
- This company has been one of the pioneers of micro-satellite technology and industry since its establishment of the company in 2008, and they envision democratizing space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. They have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and then four more satellites in March 2021. As they prepare for the upcoming launches for more satellites in the near future, they currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. And also the ability to write concise and misleading documents to collaborate with other team members and the ability to communicate with others is also important because they are a startup company where each individual has a lot of responsibility.
Members come from all over the world so they use English as their main communication language (The company language is both Japanese and English).
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- Other details
- English lesson for Japanese employees
- You can work from home
- The company is looking for a person with strong technical skills in Software Development and Computer Vision.
As a member of the Data Team, your mission is to develop state-of-the-art algorithms to process the raw images that we receive from our satellites into the final products that we deliver to clients in their service platform. This involves developing algorithms for image registration, calibration, and 3D reconstruction among others.
Their clients need access to the most recent high-quality satellite imagery in order to accomplish their goals, whether that's identifying illegal logging operations, monitoring natural disasters, determining the ideal time to harvest or fertilize a crop, or monitoring large-scale infrastructure development. Images are the core of their service platform.
You will work to enable our client's success by making sure we can provide the best data quality in the shortest possible time as a software engineer.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-University degree in Computer Science or a related field.
-Strong & proven experience in successful Computer Vision projects.
-Proficiency in Python.
-Comfortable having in-depth technical conversations about current and past projects.
-Willingness to learn new skills.
-Willingness to communicate using multiple languages (English and Japanese).
- Japanese Level
-Written and verbal communication skills in English and an ability to work in a team environment.
-Experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
-Experience in Cloud Computing: AWS, etc.
-Experience in Remote Sensing.
-Awareness of different Earth Observation missions (e.g. Landsat-8, Sentinel-2).
-Proficiency in geospatial data processing libraries, e.g., GDAL, rasterio.
-Experience in R&D robotics projects.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Language learning support
- Remote Work