- About the company
- This company has been one of the pioneers of micro-satellite technology and industry since its establishment of the company in 2008, and they envision democratizing space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. They have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and then four more satellites in March 2021. As they prepare for the upcoming launches for more satellites in the near future, they currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. And also the ability to write concise and misleading documents to collaborate with other team members and the ability to communicate with others is also important because they are a startup company where each individual has a lot of responsibility.
Members come from all over the world so they use English as their main communication language (The company language is both Japanese and English).
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- Other details
- English lesson for Japanese employees
- You can work from home
- You will be responsible for the development of the cloud infrastructure as a DevOps engineer of the team in charge of building earth observation solutions to be integrated with the service platform that provides satellite imagery and analytics solutions and/or other client products.
・Building, maintaining, and scaling the cloud infrastructure for multiple earth observation (EO) data processing and analysis pipelines.
・Developing and maintaining the tooling needed for fully automated deployment to the cloud.
・Interacting and collaborating with cross-functional teams on cloud-related projects.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-2+ years of proven experience in developing cloud infrastructure.
-Strong ability to write clear Terraform code (IaC) and use the code to continuously maintain AWS infrastructure.
-Fluency in Docker, AWS CLI, Shell scripting, Python, and Git.
-Strong CI/CD skills.
-Strong problem-solving skills.
-Fluency in English.
- Japanese Level
-Experience working with EO data.
-Japanese language fluency.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Language learning support
- Remote Work