- About the company
- This company has been one of the pioneers of micro-satellite technology and industry since its establishment of the company in 2008, and they envision democratizing space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. They have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and then four more satellites in March 2021. As they prepare for the upcoming launches for more satellites in the near future, they currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. And also the ability to write concise and misleading documents to collaborate with other team members and the ability to communicate with others is also important because they are a startup company where each individual has a lot of responsibility.
Members come from all over the world so they use English as their main communication language (The company language is both Japanese and English).
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- Other details
- English lesson for Japanese employees
- You can work from home
- You will be a member of the team in charge of building Analytics solutions using earth observation data (optical satellite imagery, weather data, radar measurements, etc.), to be integrated with the service platform and/or other client products as a Data Scientist.
・Building full-stack analysis solutions using earth observation data (optical satellite imagery, weather data, radar measurements, etc.)
-Research and prototype data processing & analysis algorithms.
-Develop and deploy data pipelines.
・Working closely with the business team on developing new solutions to practical problems.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-2+ years of work or research experience related to Earth Observation data processing.
-Strong Python skills.
-Experience working with any of the following libraries/technologies: Docker, AWS CLI, Pytest, Terraform, GDAL, Rasterio, Geopandas, Shapely.
-Experience working with (open) Earth Observation data.
-Experience developing machine learning-based models.
-Strong problem-solving skills.
-Strong statistical analysis skills.
-Ability to have technical conversations in English.
- Japanese Level
-Advanced degree (MSc, or Ph.D.) in any relevant computational field (Computer Science, Remote Sensing, Physics, etc.).
-Experience in any of the following: TensorFlow, Pytorch, D3.js, React, Typescript, Julia.
-Relevant first author work published in a peer-reviewed venue.
-Japanese language fluency.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Language learning support
- Remote Work