- About the company
- This company has been one of the pioneers of micro-satellite technology and industry since its establishment of the company in 2008, and they envision democratizing space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. They have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and then four more satellites in March 2021. As they prepare for the upcoming launches for more satellites in the near future, they currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. And also the ability to write concise and misleading documents to collaborate with other team members and the ability to communicate with others is also important because they are a startup company where each individual has a lot of responsibility.
Members come from all over the world so they use English as their main communication language (The company language is both Japanese and English).
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- Other details
- English lesson for Japanese employees
- You can work from home
- You will design/develop things like UI components and interactions and optimize the performance of browser applications. The tasks will be mostly related to the service platform, which will provide satellite imagery through a single-page application. Also, you will be responsible for tasks that are related to ground system Web application parts on some dedicated satellite projects.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Degree in Computer Science or work experience equivalent to it.
-Experience in pursuing with passion a better user experience.
-Experience in development using VCS like git and ticketing software like Jira.
-Experience in team development.
- Japanese Level
-Ability to adhere to the standards of web development.
-Basic understanding of the security features and vulnerabilities of web applications.
-Experience in using libraries and frameworks like React/Redux.
-Experience in development using statically-typed languages like TypeScript.
-Experience in development using the npm ecosystem.
-Experience in development using tests and static analysis tools.
-Experience in management or interest in management positions in the future.
-Experience in optimizing the performance of browser applications.
-Experience using container technologies.
-Experience using GraphQL APIs.
- Ideal candidate
- -Thinks about issues that should be improved.
-Prefers to architect and implement software.
-Has an interest in continuously improving a product and your workflow.
-Develops with the team and has a sense of ownership in your tasks.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Other benefits
- Language learning support
- Remote Work