- About the company
- This company has been one of the pioneers of micro-satellite technology and industry since its establishment of the company in 2008, and they envision democratizing space technology to a wider population across the globe for their daily use. A new project started in 2015 which aims to provide a new Earth observation infrastructure by launching multiple micro-satellites for its higher data frequency. They have successfully launched our first satellite in 2018 and then four more satellites in March 2021. As they prepare for the upcoming launches for more satellites in the near future, they currently face a pivotal stage in the development for democratizing satellite imagery use to the world.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. And also the ability to write concise and misleading documents to collaborate with other team members and the ability to communicate with others is also important because they are a startup company where each individual has a lot of responsibility.
Members come from all over the world so they use English as their main communication language (The company language is both Japanese and English).
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- Other details
- English lesson for Japanese employees
- You can work from home
- You will be a member of the team being responsible for the development, testing, and maintaining of the web application back-end system for a service platform that provides satellite imagery and analytics solutions.
*The system covers the following scopes for their business success over entire the service platform:
-Providing data and insights on the platform with cooperating satellite operators.
-Ensuring the Web security to protect users’ and their business properties.
-Supporting smooth execution of the contract, pricing, and payment activity.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-3+ years of experience developing and operating web back-end systems.
-Experience developing in Python 3 and Python web application frameworks.
-Experience quality assurance using automated testing
-Experience designing databases with PostgreSQL or similar open-source RDBM systems.
-Degree in Computer Science or work experience equivalent to it.
- Japanese Level
-Experience designing and developing GraphQL APIs.
-Experience using container technologies.
-Experience with performance-tuning of databases.
-Experience designing and developing distributed systems using AWS SNS/SQS.
-Experience in management or interest in management positions in the future.
- Ideal candidate
- -Thinks about issues that should be improved.
-Prefers to architect and implement software.
-Has an interest in continuously improving a product and your workflow.
-Develops with the team and has a sense of ownership in your tasks.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year, decided upon annual performance evaluation
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Language learning support
- Remote Work