- About the company
- This company has developed a community app for social change-makers with a mission to accelerate social change by bringing people together. Many people are interested in contributing to social impact projects, but few of them can do so. They leverage this untapped potential by helping them contribute to society in an easy, fun way through a purpose-driven community app, AI recommendations, and blockchain-based community currency.
They started in July 2021, so as an early employee you’ll be pivotal in shaping the direction of the company.
You’ll be able to work fully remotely, though they'll meet up in person several times per year, so they are looking for someone living in Japan. If you aren't here yet, that's fine: you’ll be able to work remotely until they help you secure a working visa.
- Corporate Culture
- Members communicate in English, and so no Japanese ability is required, though there will be opportunities to use Japanese if you’d like to.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Foreign employees already employed
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- International sales
- The company is looking for somebody with enthusiasm and skills to work as part of the team.
They are looking for an experienced developer who is curious, driven, and passionate about social impact.
If you are looking for a role where you can make a major impact in the world, they want to meet you.
They've built a prototype version of their app using a combination of part-time freelance developers and offshore developers. As they secure funding, they are now looking to bring on their first full-time hire to oversee future development.
In this role, you’ll work closely with senior stakeholders to understand business goals and ensure that the development team & technologies used are aligned with these. As they grow, you’ll have the opportunity to move into a CTO role in the future.
-Working closely with senior stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
-Planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design
-Designing, building, and configuring applications to meet business process and application requirements
-Directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications
-Writing testable, scalable, and efficient code and leading code reviews
-Mentoring junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determining software quality standards
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
-Proven success as a technical team leader (Experience as a Tech lead or CTO).
-2+ years of experience working with social impact organizations (non-profits, social businesses, tech4good projects, etc).
-Good mentoring and coaching skills.
-Good communication skills.
- Japanese Level
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work