- About the company
- The company is a start up founded in 2016 with the aim of developing technology to improve the efficiency of human resource management for part time workers. Their main product is a scheduling system allowing shops to schedule shifts for part-time employees efficiently over mobile applications.
The company's goal is to make full use of the power of technology to develop services and eliminate inefficiency, increase individual productivity, and to move the society forward as much as possible.
As of September 2021, the system has been introduced at more than 12,000 business locations, mainly major companies in the food and beverage industry, and is being used by customers in various industries such as leisure and amusement.
In the future, the company plans to provide not only shift management functions, but also recruitment, attendance management, online training, and other services from upstream to downstream for shift workers.
- Corporate Culture
- The company is a startup currently with 18 employees, the CTO is from overseas. The common language in the company is Japanese and communication is primarily done over Slack. Currently due to COVID-19, they are working full-remote.
The company believes in being flexible and trying different methods, and being ambitious with their goals.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- PR Aspects
- -The company has recently received 2 billion yen in funding from VCs.
-The company's product is currently used in over 4,500 stores and is also being used by franchises of some major Japanese companies.
- Other details
- The Company is looking for someone who can design/implement a new function in order to create a system that can assemble more efficient human resource allocation in a shorter time.
Specifically, you will be in charge of designing, implementing, and improving a function that automatically creates shifts that optimize the workforce using mathematical optimization methods.
The creation of work scheduling needs to meet a wide variety of conditions for each industry and business location, and the indicators that we want to optimize vary.
The first step in the actual work is to design algorithms and related data through meetings with customers (shift creators).
In general, the work scheduling problem is difficult to dissect, and considering the users of the product, the company thinks it is better to have a policy of seeking approximate solutions in a short period of time.
You will be asked to implement a fast algorithm, mainly using meta-heuristics methods.
Also, if necessary, you may be asked to design additional variables to be used in the algorithm on the shift management SaaS.
▼Automatic shift creation
Rust, Python3, Jupyter Notebook, Pandas, Numpy, FastAPI
GCP, CloudSQL(MySQL), k8s(GKE), CloudRun
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- At least 1 year of experience in combinatorial optimization (actual projects in companies or research in universities)
- Knowledge of and ability to implement computational complexity, data structures, and search algorithms.
- Experience with Rust, C++, or C implementation
- Japanese Level
- Competitive programming (especially experience with heuristic algorithms)
- Ideal candidate
- ・ Those who can grasp organizational issues
・ Those who can work proactively and take initiative.
・ Those who can catch up with necessary technologies and projects independently
・ Those who value teamwork and consider not only individual growth, but also team growth.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- -The company is currently working fully-remote (due to COVID-19)
- Remote Work
- Temporary remote work (During Covid-19)