- About the company
- In recent years, the food service industry has struggled to hire enough personnel to meet the demands of customers. This tech solutions company aims to utilize new technology to provide solutions for this sector, cutting the large costs that companies in the food industry face, not only for labor but for the cost of things like ingredients as well.
The technology the company produces automates certain processes in the kitchen in order to reduce the need for manual labor. For things like ingredients, the AI Automation Robot automates simple cooking-related tasks in the kitchen.
Currently, they are building a Cooking Robot together with a major restaurant chain in Japan. They are developing a robot that uses image recognition to automate certain processes that typically occur in a factory setting.
3 main focuses of the company:
1. Tech solutions that reduce the need for labor
By automating restaurant ordering, payment, and a multitude of other tasks, the company seeks to solve labor problems not only by reducing hours on a task but by freeing up the existing staff to do other things.
2. Easy implementation into existing establishments in the restaurant industry
The company is developing compact robots that will fit even in small spaces in inner-city locations.
3. Creating solutions that cover a wide variety of cooking methods
The tech company is an engineering team composed of highly skilled people in AI, IoT, robotics, and design. They intend to create a single solution that covers many different food preparation methods.
- Corporate Culture
- The company has a startup atmosphere which engineers may appreciate.
There is no dress code and employees can wear casual clothing in the office. Engineers can work freely and independently.
- Global Aspects
- Many employees speak English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- The company has a partnership with the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry and other organizations.
- Other details
- The company aims to solve the labor shortage in the restaurant industry by using labor-saving technology.
Specific job description
Automate a series of cooking processes in store kitchens and central kitchens. Specifically, you will be responsible for developing controls for cooking robots that perform cooking tasks such as boiling, cutting, and serving.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
Experience in system programming development on Linux (or similar OS)
At least 3 years of working experience using C/C++, Python, etc.
Cross-cutting basic knowledge and development experience in software development such as OS, processes, threads, networking, etc.
Experience in robotics application development
Experience in team development
- Japanese Level
Knowledge of machine/robot control and programming development experience using ROS, etc.
Experience in developing automated equipment for use in factories, etc.
Experience in developing embedded systems
Possess special training qualifications for industrial robots
Knowledge of image processing and machine learning related technologies
Experience in project or team management
People who can work with a venture mindset
- Ideal candidate
- -Team player
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）