- About the company
- The company is a global IT company that aims to create a digital infrastructure for alternative assets, with operations in the US, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Alternative assets are new investment vehicles and instruments other than what are traditionally known as listed stocks and bonds. These include real estate, art, whisky and unlisted shares.
[Market issues behind the establishment of the business]
Alternative assets are more analogue than traditional assets due to the lack of a common data base and the need to physically manage them over time, making them accessible to a limited number of people. As a first step towards a digital infrastructure for alternative assets, the company is working on a BtoBtoC service for illiquid assets, one of which is in the real estate industry.
[The two businesses that support the company]
1) Services for investors: When overseas investors purchase real estate assets in Japan, they have to spend a lot of manpower and man-hours to deal with three barriers: language, contracts and communication with property management companies. This business understands this situation, and with the company's wealth of overseas experience and knowledge, and the ideas of its management team who are well versed in real estate and finance, reduces the complexity of the structure through technology.
2. SaaS business unit: A service for property management companies. Every month they need to mail the income and expenditure report to the property owner by paper, but these cost a lot of money, effort and time. Sometimes it is difficult to contact the property owner during the day, or to keep track of repairs and restoration, but it is not always possible to check and understand the situation as you wish. They understand that many property management companies are facing these problems, and they are providing a service that can digitalize and centrally manage all the necessary aspects of property management, such as the exchange of contracts, confirmation and reporting of income and expenditure, and communication between property management companies and property owners.
In addition to domestic and overseas real estate, the company aims to create a world where individual investors can centrally manage and build assets in a variety of alternative assets such as art, whisky and unlisted stocks.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Joint company/office overseas
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- ・Members come from major IT companies such as Rakuten, Recruit and DeNA, foreign consulting firms such as Accenture, PwC and ABeam Consulting, and financial/real estate companies such as Morgan Stanley and Mitsubishi Estate.
・Global environment with 44% foreign nationals from 12 different countries, and 75% of engineers and product managers are foreign nationals, communicating mainly in English.
[Technical skills/ Experiences]
・4+ years of experience in development in Golang / Ruby / Python / PHP / Node.js (*1)
・Experience in a fintech-related role
・Proactive understanding of the business domain / basic understanding of DDD (Domain Driven Development) (*2)
・Ability to take the initiative in researching and code reading for products written in Ruby, PHP, and Python as needed
(*1) A minimum of 4 years of experience in any one or a combination of the above
(*2) In addition to development, we are looking for who are interested in business and services.
・English skills (we are the international team from over 10 countries and regions, and all communication is in English)
・Highly organized person
・Have motivation for team development
・Be able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company
・Continuously learn new technologies and find ways to solve issues and requirements
- Japanese Level
・Experiences of using NoSQL such as MongoDB.
・Experience running and maintaining a variety of cloud infrastructure especially AWS.
・Experience with container, orchestration tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes.
・Deep understanding of OAuth and open id connect.
・Experience in API development in Golang
・Experience in the financial industry.
・To read/speak Japanese (Not mandatory).
- Ideal candidate
- - Someone who is a problem solver with a desire to create new business
- Interested in fintech, real estate tech companies and a global working environment.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.