- About the company
- Integrating bio, IT (particularly machine learning), and optical technology, the company aims to revolutionize the healthcare field. Its main service is the provision of high-content single cell analysis and a separation system. Its approach plays a very important role in the healthcare sector when facing crucial medical issues such as cancer. It has direct cooperation from leading universities such as Tokyo Univericity and Osaka University. It also counts on Japanese government support.
At this company, one can breathe the combination of academic life combined with entrepreneurship. Employees come from various collaborative fields such as optical, IT, and the bio sciences. More than half employees speak good English and hold master's and PhDs.
This is the perfect environment for professionals coming from the academic world (such as laboratories or institutes) and going to the private sector but still desiring an academic flavor.
- Corporate Culture
- -They value diversity. Many foreign students are working part-time.
-Their team is very flat.
-They don't encourage employees to work overtime, so their working hours are flexible.
- Global Aspects
- Foreign employees already employed
- Many employees speak English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- -As the company is a start-up, you can get involved with various roles.
-You will be able to learn advanced technology, such as machine learning, optical, and bio science.
-Many of the employees can speak English
- The company is currently working on the design and development of a new cell analysis system that combines machine learning technology and novel imaging technology. Their client is looking for a software engineer to develop a unique cell analysis system and tools for data analysis including machine learning for future commercialization.
The practical application of this system will greatly contribute to the development and innovation of medicine and life sciences, including research in various life science fields, medical diagnosis fields such as blood diagnosis and cytodiagnosis for cancer and leukemia, and drug discovery.
The company is looking for an [optical engineer] who can help in :
・Promoting optical design for commercialization with a quantitative perspective
・Develop, lead, design with Zemax (product design)
・Design, manufacture and evaluation of evaluation equipment for design.
・Design and evaluation of prototype equipment for commercialization.
・Support research team in optical design and evaluation
・This is an intellectually stimulating environment where you will work with leading researchers and engineers in different fields such as optics, microfluidics, life science, and data science in R&D and business promotion.
・You will have many opportunities to come into contact with new technological fields and learn about new cutting-edge research and technologies. In addition, by commercializing the world's first advanced technology, you will be able to realize new treatments and diagnostics with your own hands, which is a real thrill.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Ability to empathize with the company's mission and values
・Experience in design and development of optical equipment
・Those who can enjoy a dynamic environment with many changes
・Communication skills in Japanese (able to communicate with Slack in Japanese)
- Japanese Level
Experience in optical design using Zemax
PhD in Optics
Experience in performing design to evaluation
Basic knowledge of cell biology
English language skills (business level or higher)
- Ideal candidate
- ・A person who feels the appeal and potential of the company's vision and mission.
・A person who is intellectually curious and is not afraid of new and unknown things.
・A person who is interested in the fusion of machine learning and advanced technologies in other fields such as optics and biotechnology.
・A person who is interested in combining machine learning with advanced technologies in other fields such as optics and biotechnology.
- Salary promotion
- negotiable 2 times a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work
- Temporary remote work (During Covid-19)