- About the company
- Whether it's general paperwork or data entry - there's a myriad of mundane tasks in corporations large and small that can kill any employees productivity or passion for work.
This company is looking to harness the power of AI and Deep Learning to free individuals from mundane tasks that are repetitive, boring, unproductive and yet necessary. Specializing in B2B AI consultancy, this company prides itself in not outsourcing the development of software for clients. Their vision is to utilize AI to maximize human potential and creativity.
The CEO founded this company having sold off her first company to Japan's equivalent to Facebook while studying her MA in Artificial Intelligence at the University of Tokyo. Being ahead of the curve, her visionary leadership is reflected in the executive team which includes a Chief Operations Officer and the CAIO (the Chief AI Officer) each of whom come from a strong engineering and ventures capitalist background. As a team of serial entrepreneurs, their business savvy is as big as their ambition. With an international team in Vietnam, their plans for expansion this year include UK (London), China (Shanghai) and Singapore (Singapore). By 2020, they want to have 3 offices in China, two in South East Asia and two offices in the USA (San Francisco and New York).
The application of their B2B products and services has huge potential across sectors which has won them significant backing and recognition. With partners including Microsoft, NEDO etc. they have won awards from regional and global innovation competitions including Tech in Asia Tokyo and the NTT Data Open Innovation Contest and the Top 100 startup in Asia by Echelon Asia Summit.
In order to do this, they are aiming to hire 500 AI engineers by 2022 - if you think you could be a good fit, check out the job description and apply today!
- Corporate Culture
- -The team is very flat.
-They have a big ambition to change the world with AI.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Many employees speak English
- Joint company/office overseas
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- International sales
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- -They have offices overseas.
-Many engineers have different nationalities.
- ■Technology development
Data analysis technology development (demand forecasting, optimization problems, etc.)
Act as a liaison with overseas developers and quickly respond to inquiries from business members regarding the technical feasibility and current level of business tasks.
■Development planning (in collaboration with overseas development teams, requirements for seniors)
Determine the level of difficulty and scale of development of the customer's business task based on an understanding of the company's technology.
Provide feedback that takes into account information from the business side when building the AI development roadmap.
Understand technologies across the board and propose future development plans for AI solutions from a flexible and new perspective.
＊Based on your skillset and experiences, you will be involved in
Requirements definition and solution proposal
Propose business solutions through discussions with customers and business members.
In addition to the above, you will be responsible for the following tasks
Define functional requirements and specifications as an appropriate landing point by controlling customer's expectations in consideration of technical difficulty.
Continue to discuss with the customer to modify the requirements appropriately and find out the true requirements.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- Track record in technical fields related to computer science/artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Proven track record in the field of data science (big data processing, data statistical processing, mining skills)
- Communication skills to discuss complex concepts in a business development team without conflict
- Collaboration skills to work with overseas research teams
- English language skills (business level)
- Japanese Level
- PhD, peer-reviewed papers, presentations at international conferences, etc.) in a technical field related to computer science/artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Research experience in data science
- Strong coding skills (Python, C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard software development processes
- At least 2 years of experience in technical development in data science, machine learning, or artificial intelligence related areas
In addition, if you have worked on as many of the following as possible, you are a great fit for this position
-scipy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn... Data analysis using statistical libraries and visualization tools such as.
-Able to work with databases and DataFrame. Able to work with small to large scale data using frameworks such as pandas, dask, modin...
-Experience with machine learning at production scale, including data preprocessing, training, and delivery on-premises or as a cloud service.
-Extensive experience with classification, clustering, regression, and correlation analysis
-Experience with large scale data processing for both structured and unstructured data -Extensive experience with parallel processing.
- Ideal candidate
- Those who understand technology from a cross-sectional perspective and can flexibly make proposals that incorporate new perspectives.
Those who enjoy creating through collaboration.
Those who can lead R&D with many members and propose and build new solutions.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work
- Temporary remote work (During Covid-19)