- About the company
- The company believes that the lack of haptic functions limits the practical application of robots and hinders innovation in various industries. That is why they have developed a vision-based haptic sensor, which is a multimodal sensor that captures a wide range of pressure, its distribution, and slippage information. The sensor is easy to make and can be applied in various fields, not to mention that it is physically robust, and inexpensive. The main goal is to spread this tactile sensing technology to many robots in order to improve their ability.
The first step is to develop business in the field of food processing, agriculture, logistics, and other fields where there currently is manpower shortage, and where products of various shapes and semi-fluid materials are handled.
The technology can be applied to a wide range of fields because of its extremely broad applicability, making it a product with great potential. As for future development, the plan is to divide the development into a research and development team and an integration team, so that the core technology can be improved and customized for specific areas /clients.
- Global Aspects
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Other details
- You can work from home
- No dress code
- Currently, the company is at the stage where prototype development has been completed, and with the establishment of the company at the end of October 2021, they are in need of someone who can speedily proceed with research and development.
As a mechanical design engineer on the R&D team, you will be mainly responsible for speeding up the development of CAD models, prototypes of sensors and grippers.
-Design of CAD models of sensors and grippers.
-Develop sensor prototypes using 3D printers and CNC
-Fabrication of flexible materials such as silicon
-Embedding of sensor modules such as small wide-angle lenses and cameras
-Examination of manufacturing processes for mass production, and development of sensors that are easy to mass produce.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Practical experience in robot manipulation or robot grasping.
-Experience in CAD model design.
-Experience in prototype development of sensors or grippers using 3D printers and CNC.
-Experience in developing soft robotics.
- Japanese Level
-Experience in working with flexible materials such as silicon.
-Knowledge of electronic circuits.
-Experience with embedded sensor modules.
-Knowledge of optical systems such as small wide-angle lenses.
-Experience in improving product quality, such as improving durability.
- Ideal candidate
- -Would like to work as a core member in the early stage of a startup.
-Want to be involved in robot development from the strategic point of view, such as research and development.
-Want to contribute to social issues.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Not specified for now
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work
- Temporary remote work (During Covid-19)