- About the company
- A company that develops and operates media and applications that distributes videos of cooking recipes, and provide information particularly for women, on topics such as fashion, beauty, and love.
Their cooking recipe video service provides more than 40,000 recipes that can be easily and deliciously prepared under the supervision of a registered dietitian. As of April 2021, the total number of downloads exceeded 29 million, it has established itself as the No.1 recipe video service in Japan.
Media for Women is a service for women that carefully selects and publishes only high-quality content from articles provided by more than 200 partners. It offers a wide variety of content including fashion, romance, marriage, money, lifestyle, etc. As of March 2021, the number of monthly users exceeded 45 million.
In January 2018, the company raised a total of 3.35 billion yen through a third-party allotment of new shares to Yahoo's YJ2 Investment Business Partnership, Akatsuki, United, and others. In addition to reinforcing human resources and marketing, the company also indicated its intention to develop new businesses and consider M&A. In July of the same year, Yahoo invested approximately 9.3 billion yen to purchase the shares held by existing shareholders, raising its voting rights to 45.6% and making the company a consolidated subsidiary.
- Corporate Culture
- - Flat corporate culture: Each employee is given discretion and opportunities regardless of nationality, age, or company history.
- No wasteful meetings: They set their meetings as "30 minutes in principle". They try to minimize the number of meetings and the time spent in them, but they do so with a sense of ownership that enables us to streamline operations and make decisions quickly.
- A love of products: They place importance on "being user-oriented" in all their businesses. In order to continue to create services that are useful and delightful to users, each employee is constantly in touch with the company's products and examines improvements and new features.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- PR Aspects
- - Stable foundation: Since July 2018, the company has been a subsidiary of Yahoo (Z Holdings) and continues to prepare for a stock listing.
- Their recipe video service has the No. 1 market share in Japan.
- They provide No. 1 media for women in Japan, it continues to grow into a large-scale service with 40 million monthly users.
- ◆Recruitment background
They are looking for an Engineering Manager who can lead the entire engineering team at their women's Media service, a media for women that has surpassed 45 million monthly users. They are promoting the globalization of its product development organization throughout the company and has begun hiring English-speaking foreign engineers. This position is intended for the management of engineers, including foreign engineers.
◆About the Women's Media service
As of 2021, the number of monthly users exceeds 45 million, making it the No. 1 media for women in Japan. More than 200 content partners provide more than 30,000 articles a month in genres such as "Fashion, Cosmetics, Love, Marriage, Lifestyle" to meet the needs of all users and have gained great popularity. In addition to the current development, we are also preparing to update the media for the medium and long-term perspectives.
They want to go beyond the value of our existing services to aim for a platform that leads to the purchase of goods as “a place where you can meet things you like and enjoy new discoveries".
・People management of engineers involved in the service(It includes English-speaking foreign members. iOS/Android, Backend, Web Frontend, and all other engineer roles)
・Goal setting, performance evaluation, 1on1, and career development support for software engineers
・Recruit and train software engineers
・Define teams and roles as well as manage and allocate engineering resources appropriately
・Solve technical issues of the product
・Define systems requirements
・Prioritize projects and manage engineering resources
・Project management for development projects
・Manage development status, progress, and schedule, and clearly share with all stakeholders
・Manage and improve the development process
・Coordinate with internal stakeholders
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Working experience as an engineering manager
・Skills and experience in people management (goal setting, performance evaluation, 1on1, coaching, career development support, etc.)
・Excellent communication skills
・Work experience as a software engineer, knowledge and understanding of software engineering
・Experience in project management to solve technical issues
・Business-level English proficiency or those who can strive for that level in the future
- Japanese Level
・Experience in managing engineers at a start-up
・Deep knowledge and understanding of technology
・High English proficiency (listening, speaking, reading, and writing)
・Experience in product development using Agile development methodology
・Experience in project management and product management
・Experience in managing a large team
- Ideal candidate
- ・A person who has similar thoughts as their vision/mission/value*/*
・A person who always has a clear understanding of objectives and takes initiative*/*
・A person who is committed to the growth of the business and wants to accelerate his or her own growth in the process*/*
・A person who wants to create new values for the world by working on our growing products*/*
・A person who has the ability to drive and execute towards the success of the project*/*
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work
- Temporary remote work (During Covid-19)