- About the company
- A company that develops and operates media and applications that distributes videos of cooking recipes, and provide information particularly for women, on topics such as fashion, beauty, and love.
Their cooking recipe video service provides more than 40,000 recipes that can be easily and deliciously prepared under the supervision of a registered dietitian. As of April 2021, the total number of downloads exceeded 29 million, it has established itself as the No.1 recipe video service in Japan.
Media for Women is a service for women that carefully selects and publishes only high-quality content from articles provided by more than 200 partners. It offers a wide variety of content including fashion, romance, marriage, money, lifestyle, etc. As of March 2021, the number of monthly users exceeded 45 million.
In January 2018, the company raised a total of 3.35 billion yen through a third-party allotment of new shares to Yahoo's YJ2 Investment Business Partnership, Akatsuki, United, and others. In addition to reinforcing human resources and marketing, the company also indicated its intention to develop new businesses and consider M&A. In July of the same year, Yahoo invested approximately 9.3 billion yen to purchase the shares held by existing shareholders, raising its voting rights to 45.6% and making the company a consolidated subsidiary.
- Corporate Culture
- - Flat corporate culture: Each employee is given discretion and opportunities regardless of nationality, age, or company history.
- No wasteful meetings: They set their meetings as "30 minutes in principle". They try to minimize the number of meetings and the time spent in them, but they do so with a sense of ownership that enables us to streamline operations and make decisions quickly.
- A love of products: They place importance on "being user-oriented" in all their businesses. In order to continue to create services that are useful and delightful to users, each employee is constantly in touch with the company's products and examines improvements and new features.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- PR Aspects
- - Stable foundation: Since July 2018, the company has been a subsidiary of Yahoo (Z Holdings) and continues to prepare for a stock listing.
- Their recipe video service has the No. 1 market share in Japan.
- They provide No. 1 media for women in Japan, it continues to grow into a large-scale service with 40 million monthly users.
- ◆Recruitment background
The server side of the women's media service is being replaced by Node.js (Express) to Ruby on Rails, and the infrastructure is being replaced by GCP to AWS. After the replacement is complete, they will update our media service and aim to create products that can generate even greater value with a medium- to long-term perspective. They are looking for a server-side engineer who will be responsible for the future development of TRILL!
◆The appeal of this job
・You will be involved in large-scale service with more than 45 million monthly users
・You will be able to perform development tasks with discretion since we are a small team
・You can have experience not only in server-side but also in front end and infrastructure (AWS)
・Since there is a wide range of technical coverage, you can actively challenge new technologies and test them in production
・You will be able to introduce new libraries, improve the architecture, and implement automation
・You can get involved in planning measures and data analysis and can work on solving user issues on your own
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only