- About the company
- A company that develops and operates media and applications that distributes videos of cooking recipes, and provide information particularly for women, on topics such as fashion, beauty, and love.
Their cooking recipe video service provides more than 40,000 recipes that can be easily and deliciously prepared under the supervision of a registered dietitian. As of April 2021, the total number of downloads exceeded 29 million, it has established itself as the No.1 recipe video service in Japan.
Media for Women is a service for women that carefully selects and publishes only high-quality content from articles provided by more than 200 partners. It offers a wide variety of content including fashion, romance, marriage, money, lifestyle, etc. As of March 2021, the number of monthly users exceeded 45 million.
In January 2018, the company raised a total of 3.35 billion yen through a third-party allotment of new shares to Yahoo's YJ2 Investment Business Partnership, Akatsuki, United, and others. In addition to reinforcing human resources and marketing, the company also indicated its intention to develop new businesses and consider M&A. In July of the same year, Yahoo invested approximately 9.3 billion yen to purchase the shares held by existing shareholders, raising its voting rights to 45.6% and making the company a consolidated subsidiary.
- Corporate Culture
- - Flat corporate culture: Each employee is given discretion and opportunities regardless of nationality, age, or company history.
- No wasteful meetings: They set their meetings as "30 minutes in principle". They try to minimize the number of meetings and the time spent in them, but they do so with a sense of ownership that enables us to streamline operations and make decisions quickly.
- A love of products: They place importance on "being user-oriented" in all their businesses. In order to continue to create services that are useful and delightful to users, each employee is constantly in touch with the company's products and examines improvements and new features.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- PR Aspects
- - Stable foundation: Since July 2018, the company has been a subsidiary of Yahoo (Z Holdings) and continues to prepare for a stock listing.
- Their recipe video service has the No. 1 market share in Japan.
- They provide No. 1 media for women in Japan, it continues to grow into a large-scale service with 40 million monthly users.
- ◆Recruitment background
The Women's Media service continues to grow into a large-scale service with 40 million monthly users.
However, they feel that it is still in its development stage, and their aim is to create products that can generate even greater value with a medium- to long-term perspective.
Their development style adopts Scrum, which is an agile development method, and they try to flexibly provide value in a short cycle. In addition to development, we also participate in planning from the early stages and frequently exchange opinions with team members to create good services regardless of job type. Their team members are actively adopting new technologies, so you can challenge yourself with various technologies.
・Design, development, test, and delivery of the Android app
◆The appeal of this job
・You can experience developing modern Android apps using Kotlin, Swagger (OpenAPI), etc.
・You will have the experience to work together with planners and designers to develop services with engineers taking the initiative
・You can experience developing and operating large-scale services and systems.
・You will have experience in numerical analysis using Google Analytics, and etc.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only