- About the company
- A company that develops and operates media and applications that distributes videos of cooking recipes, and provide information particularly for women, on topics such as fashion, beauty, and love.
Their cooking recipe video service provides more than 40,000 recipes that can be easily and deliciously prepared under the supervision of a registered dietitian. As of April 2021, the total number of downloads exceeded 29 million, it has established itself as the No.1 recipe video service in Japan.
Media for Women is a service for women that carefully selects and publishes only high-quality content from articles provided by more than 200 partners. It offers a wide variety of content including fashion, romance, marriage, money, lifestyle, etc. As of March 2021, the number of monthly users exceeded 45 million.
In January 2018, the company raised a total of 3.35 billion yen through a third-party allotment of new shares to Yahoo's YJ2 Investment Business Partnership, Akatsuki, United, and others. In addition to reinforcing human resources and marketing, the company also indicated its intention to develop new businesses and consider M&A. In July of the same year, Yahoo invested approximately 9.3 billion yen to purchase the shares held by existing shareholders, raising its voting rights to 45.6% and making the company a consolidated subsidiary.
- Corporate Culture
- - Flat corporate culture: Each employee is given discretion and opportunities regardless of nationality, age, or company history.
- No wasteful meetings: They set their meetings as "30 minutes in principle". They try to minimize the number of meetings and the time spent in them, but they do so with a sense of ownership that enables us to streamline operations and make decisions quickly.
- A love of products: They place importance on "being user-oriented" in all their businesses. In order to continue to create services that are useful and delightful to users, each employee is constantly in touch with the company's products and examines improvements and new features.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- PR Aspects
- - Stable foundation: Since July 2018, the company has been a subsidiary of Yahoo (Z Holdings) and continues to prepare for a stock listing.
- Their recipe video service has the No. 1 market share in Japan.
- They provide No. 1 media for women in Japan, it continues to grow into a large-scale service with 40 million monthly users.
- ◆Recruitment background
They are looking for SREs who would like to discover issues and make improvements! Their recipe video service is still in the growth stage, and there are many more valuable features to be developed for their users in the future.
For this reason, SREs are not only responsible for designing, building, and operating infrastructure, but also for creating and improving the infrastructure from the perspective of the entire PDCA cycle, including development, operation, and analysis, so that development can be carried out efficiently. You can experience a wide range of operations from common infrastructure such as push, analysis, and authentication to security and performance.
・Design, construction, and operation of the recipe video service infrastructure
・Automation and autonomation of operations
・Construction of a common deployment infrastructure
・Monitoring and detection design
・Collection and visualization of access logs and application logs
・Design and construction of push infrastructure for mobile
・Design and construction of log collection and analysis infrastructure
・Cost management of infrastructure
・Coding existing infrastructure
・Maintenance and improvement of performance
◆The appeal of this job
・You can feel that your work is contributing to the lives of users through the recipe video service
・You can utilize your skills to meet the challenges that constantly arise, and further develop yourself
・You can experience a huge amount of behavior logs and high volume traffic
・You can work independently and with discretion in a small team
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Understanding of standard TCP/IP networks and common protocols such as DNS and HTTP
・Experience in building and operating infrastructure using AWS
・Experience in application development (any programming language)
・Experience in operating containers such as Docker
- Japanese Level
・Experience with DevOps initiatives
・Experience working with Kubernetes in a production environment
・Experience in conducting load testing
- Ideal candidate
- ・A person who is not satisfied with the current situation, but can always find areas for improvement and continue to make improvements*/*
・A person who is able to enjoy learning new things without creating barriers to the scope of one's own work*/*
・A person who is able to think about what he or she should do after carefully considering the direction of the organization and consult and act on it, rather than prioritizing what the individual wants to do*/*
・A person who is able to always consider the root cause of issues and take measures with a long-term perspective, rather than making superficial judgments about issues that arise*/*
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work
- Temporary remote work (During Covid-19)