- About the company
- This company is an IT recommendation engine service company. This company differentiates from other recommendation engine services in that they are one of the pioneers in the field and for their innovative approach. The combination of big data and AI that they use—which allows for better search/recommendation personalization—focuses on accuracy with its recommendations. Using real-time information, accuracy is the main priority for the company.
The company has many team members from different countries, and the CEO is from the United States. As a leading company in its field and one of the first to begin this service, it also has a child company in the Netherlands, and an engineering team based in Germany. There is constant communication with the global team to exchange the most updated information.
They have offices in both Osaka and Tokyo.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- PR Aspects
- The company is really looking after/monitoring any new innovative technology in the field. In order for employees to keep their skills relevant and current, there are constant seminars in the company's own premises; both at its headquarters in Osaka and its business office in Tokyo.
- They are a leading company with the No.1 market share in the industry, providing services to top-level companies in various industries, with our main service being a real-time recommendation service based on our originally developed recommendation technology. As a backend engineer for this new product, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including overall system design and implementation.
They are looking for passionate and talented backend engineers to work in thier engineering team. You will have a chance to get exposure to the real-world real-time heavy traffic high data volume backend recommendation platforms across a variety of industries.
Your responsibilities will be to stay current on leading-edge technologies, tools, and frameworks. You will apply advanced systems design and development skills to solving real-time optimization problems in different industries. You will work with the data scientists to complement them with your software engineering expertise and take a leading role in designing and developing new cloud service offerings.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- It Skills
Programming Languages-Data base related
- Passion for analytics and problem solving
- Love for building things and are comfortable working with modern development tools and writing code
- Passion for learning (new problem domains, algorithms, tools, etc.)
- Fluency in asynchronous Python
- Significant experience in developing backend systems at an Internet scale
- Ability in grasping complex system architectures and applying your technical and systems design skills in building distributed and scalable cloud services
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related science field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in building backends or related areas
- Japanese Level
- Experience with performance sensitive (low latency, highly scalable) services
- Scale data processing algorithms by parallelization and distribution
- Strong algorithm development skills
- Experience with working on large data sets, especially with Hadoop and Spark, or cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP
- Ability to extract, combine and analyze complex datasets using SQL
- Experience integrating and analyzing data from multiple sources
- Have deep technical or data science experience
- Understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings
- Demonstrated achievements in competitive programming
- Fluency in Japanese is plus
- Type of people (Personality)
- Those who are interested in developing recommendation systems in a pioneering company
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Twice a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- * Discretionary labor system
* Basic salary + job salary
* Annual salary is divided by 12 and 1/12 is paid every month.
* Preferential treatment in consideration of experience and ability.
* Overtime wages equivalent to 45 hours a month will be paid as job salary.
* Over 45 hours a month will be paid separately upon prior application and approval of the boss.