- About the company
- The company is a fast-growing start-up that is working on the development and mass production of robotics products that transmit sight, hearing, and touch. Their mission is to “create a world where every single person at every corner of the planet can benefit from the robotic revolution.” The main objective is to free people from time and space constraints by using remotely operated robots to interact with the remote environment. They have partnered with international companies like NVIDIA to achieve this mission.
The key technologies the company works on are the combination of ultra-low latency screening, hybrid intelligent control, mobile cockpit design, and unique mechanical design. They have recently developed a robot that enables the construction of an extended labor base in the retail industry, with tele-operated robot technology at its core.
Their total funding has been about 4.5 billion yen. They plan to use the funds to expand their product development team and accelerate product development and implementation for their expanding customer base in the retail store and logistics space.
- Corporate Culture
- This fast-growing start-up has a flat organizational structure that promotes the increased involvement of each and every member of the team. Since the company is rapidly developing marketable avatar robots, control cockpits, and the cloud infrastructure necessary to connect human operations with motion data, the efficiency of the team’s coordination, speed of communication, and decision-making process is very important. The environment is very flexible but they push and motivate their employees to continuously pursue growth and development.
They focus not only on the technical skills of their employees or the candidates that they are looking for, but more importantly they are after individuals who are driven by the same passion and interest they possess in the Robotics industry.
There are many foreign employees and English is the main language used in the workplace.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- -Main clients are big companies in Japan and all over the world.
-The company has a huge potential to be the most famous Robotics company in the world.
-The CTO and CPO are known as some of the best engineers in Japan.
-Their technology has been featured on different publications and websites.
-Youtube videos about their technology have garnered hundreds and thousands of views.
- This role focuses on the automation of custom-made manipulators, aiming to automate convenience store operations without human intervention to a high success rate. The main focus of this automation project is to productize "the world's first robot to be integrated into a convenience store" and deploy it.
The company uses a variety of technologies to achieve their goals, from traditional to state-of-the-art, and expect you to have a similar mindset. Teamwork, flexibility, and quick learning are key soft skills as well. They are hoping to bring up the seed which will eventually grow and change the world itself, and they believe their current project is fully capable of achieving it.
-Contribute to the development of an automation system using custom hardware, using sophisticated software engineering, perception, and robotics/motion planning library with OpenCV, ROS, and so on.
-Leverage mainly C++ (and sometimes python), develop a custom software towards the automation solution.
-Work with other automation engineers and achieve goals set by CxOs.
-Architect the solution with the team, and deploy fast.
-Break up vague goals into concrete steps and manage your own timeline to achieve company goals.
If you want to productize robotics technology, this is the place for you. Proven track records of quick-learning, adaptability, and problem-solving can be considered as equivalent skill experience in special cases as well.
Please join them to make a big difference in our society.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Strong experience in implementing complex hardware/software combined system with ROS.
-Experience working with manipulators.
Hence, also experience in motion planning, collision avoidance, and path following of robots.
-Strong experience in linear algebra and skills to understand / implement traditional / state-of-the-art methods.
-Proficiency in modern C++ (over C++14), along with software architecting skills.
-Engineering experiences with one or more of the following.
▶︎Control theory (PID controller, Kalman Filter etc).
▶︎Network communication (pub/sub, req/rep, etc).
▶︎Camera calibration / hand-eye calibration.
▶︎Pure computer vision and 3D perception.
▶︎Deep learning applications (keypoint detection, grasp estimation, 3d reconstruction etc) for real product application (Pytorch, Tensorflow, caffe, etc).
-Complex problem-solving skills.
-Careful issue monitoring / debugging skills.
- Japanese Level
-Working with custom made manipulators.
-Work experience in startups.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work