- About the company
- Established in 2017, this company aims to create a new lifestyle by utilizing both AI and brain science. The company is developing a service that allows for early detection and prevention of dementia. Dementia is currently known as an incurable disease. Hence, the company wants to contribute to helping people find and detect the disease at its early stages and help prevent it through the use of machine learning. They have an ongoing partnership with one of the largest research labs in Japan to gather thousands of brain images and are dedicated to developing new technology.
- Corporate Culture
- This company values communication between members. They want all employees to be close and open to board members so that they can freely discuss and propose ideas. There are top-ranked medical researchers, designers, and a foreign engineer currently working at the company. Many of the employees also have Doctorate degrees and have a high understanding of the conducted research and the development of cutting-edge technologies. Therefore, members can experience diversity and learn from fellow members with different backgrounds and expertise.
There are remote work and flex time systems at this company. They hold once-a-month meetings with the whole team. They also hold daily meetings to discuss daily tasks and weekly meetings to review what everyone has done during the week. In addition, employees are urged to participate in conferences and highly encouraged to write research papers and academic articles for publishing and submission.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- They are working with one of the largest research labs in Japan.
- Other details
- Flex time system
- Values clearly defined
- You can work from home
- No dress code
- Visa support
- Flexible seating
- You will be mainly in charge of information design, UI and visual design for our products, both new and existing. We are considering having you start with a project that you are good at or interested in out of several projects.
We are developing a service that aims to prevent and educate people about brain health, as it is becoming clear that brain diseases such as dementia can be prevented through lifestyle.
The core of our service is a brain checkup program that uses AI to measure the hippocampus, which controls memory and learning, using brain MRI images.
This is just one example, but there are multiple related products within a single service, all of which play an important role in connecting the user journeys.
I believe that design plays an important role in the success of these services. This is an environment where the power of design is widely understood to be necessary to make products that reach users.
My main role is to identify and visualize user issues, and sublimate the concepts I have thought through into designs. In cooperation with team members, you will aim to deliver UI that solves various issues related to the product.
Hypothesizing user requirements and examining user stories
Information design, UI and visual design, and creation of screen specifications
Visual planning to materialize concepts, layout configuration according to requirements, UI design with consideration for usability
Prototyping and concept design of products in the planning stage
Creation of sales promotion tools and other documents
Tools and environment used:
Hardware: MacBook Pro
Design tools: AdobeCC / AdobeStock / Figma
Chat tool: Slack
Other: G Suite/Office365
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
At least 3 years of experience in App and Web UI design
Basic graphic design skills using Illustrator and Photoshop
Basic graphic design skills using Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Japanese Level
Experience in UI design for BtoB services
Experience in UI design for both web and native apps
Experience with basic front-end coding in HTML and CSS
Basic knowledge of UX design or practical experience
- Ideal candidate
- People who are honest (people who can talk about themselves without embellishment and can accept both good and bad things)
Those who are curious (those who are interested in and willing to learn about things other than their own work)
The person who can think about the situation and suitability in the environment and respond flexibly.
The person who can think spontaneously and proceed with things in a proposal style.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Mac Book Pro (13/15inch) or Windows 10 laptop will be provided.
There is no dress code.
- Remote Work