- About the company
- Established in 2017, this company aims to create a new lifestyle by utilizing both AI and brain science. The company is developing a service that allows for early detection and prevention of dementia. Dementia is currently known as an incurable disease. Hence, the company wants to contribute to helping people find and detect the disease at its early stages and help prevent it through the use of machine learning. They have an ongoing partnership with one of the largest research labs in Japan to gather thousands of brain images and are dedicated to developing new technology.
- Corporate Culture
- This company values communication between members. They want all employees to be close and open to board members so that they can freely discuss and propose ideas. There are top-ranked medical researchers, designers, and a foreign engineer currently working at the company. Many of the employees also have Doctorate degrees and have a high understanding of the conducted research and the development of cutting-edge technologies. Therefore, members can experience diversity and learn from fellow members with different backgrounds and expertise.
There are remote work and flex time systems at this company. They hold once-a-month meetings with the whole team. They also hold daily meetings to discuss daily tasks and weekly meetings to review what everyone has done during the week. In addition, employees are urged to participate in conferences and highly encouraged to write research papers and academic articles for publishing and submission.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- They are working with one of the largest research labs in Japan.
- Other details
- Flex time system
- Values clearly defined
- You can work from home
- No dress code
- Visa support
- Flexible seating
- As a front end engineer, your main role will be to design and develop the UI and UX for the brain science AI services the company provides. Specifically, you will be responsible for the following tasks, depending on your experience and suitability:
・Hearing requests from users and partners
・Defining requirements based on the above requests
・UI and screen design
・Front-end design and implementation
・Linkage and operation with BaaS (mainly Firebase)
・Modeling of data flow in web measurement
▼Projects you will be involved in:
① Continuous improvement of existing projects (SaaS for preventive examinations for brain docs; AI analysis of brain MRI images to create reports)
・Building and operating services on Google Cloud Platform
・Building and operating services using AppEngine, Kubernetes, and Firebase
・Design and development of administration and report screens using TypeScript
・Design and development of API servers using Scala
・Design and development of AI services in collaboration with research and development teams
② New business project (healthcare monitoring service using health indicators developed in collaboration with a national research institute)
・Construction and operation of services on Google Cloud Platform
・Building and operating services using Kubernetes, Firebase, and BigQuery
・Design and development of administration and reporting screens using TypeScript, ReScript, and Elm
・API server design and development using Scala
・Design and development of multi-tenant systems
Frameworks: React, TEA, rescript-react
Infrastructure and middleware: Firebase (Hosting, Authentication, Firestore, Storage), App Engine, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL
Development tools: GitHub, Slack, Clickup
▸High level of social contribution
・You can feel the satisfaction of knowing that your achievements will directly lead to saving people from illness, which in turn will contribute to the business.
・In the future, the company plans to expand its database and develop services that will bring innovation to a wide range of fields in real life.
▸You can grow with the company and its services
・You will be able to improve your skills as you will need to catch up with the latest technologies.
・By participating in the start-up phase of the team, you will be able to pursue a development-friendly environment and cultivate skills in team building.
▸A stimulating environment
・The team has a large number of members with Ph.D.'s, some with long careers in artificial intelligence development, some with expertise in database research, and others who excel in their respective fields.
・The distance between the executives and business side and the engineers is close, and team members can actively express their opinions on product development.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Experience designing, developing, and testing front-end systems for web applications
・Experience in PDCA cycle for continuous service improvement as an engineer
- Japanese Level
・Experience as an engineer involved in the launch of a product
・Experience designing, developing, and testing backend systems
・Development skills in altJS such as Elm, ReScript, TypeScript, etc.
・Development skills using cloud infrastructure environment such as GCP
・Experience building CI/CD pipeline
・Experience with external presentations such as OSS, event appearances, study groups, blogs, etc.
・Experience leading team development
・Understanding of computer science
- Ideal candidate
- ・Those who can sympathize with the future that the company is aiming for
・Those who like programming as a hobby and reading technical books
・Those who can independently plan and execute necessary work
・Those who can smoothly communicate with each other as required for team development
・Those who are happy to solve problems with technology
・Those who have topics that they can talk about with particular attention