- About the company
- It is said that there are about 90 million people in the world who cannot afford prosthetics. This company utilizes 3D-CAD, 3D printing, and machine learning (AI) technologies to create and deliver 3D printed prosthetics to the world at unprecedentedly low prices and high quality.
Specifically, the company is developing solutions that enable low-cost, short-term mass production of prosthetic devices by utilizing 3D printers optimized for the production of prosthetic devices and 3D modeling software with a shape recommendation function based on proprietary algorithms.
Team members are professionals in their respective fields with a wealth of experience and ability, and the team includes a former medical device designer, an ex-Toyota researcher who was involved in AI development, a 3D technology professional, and a prosthetic engineer, etc. You can enjoy achieving a great vision with very exciting team members.
▼Points of interest
・High technical capability
・Awarded in a competition to determine the best AI startup in Japan, and selected to represent Japan as a startup that contributes to SDGs.
Currently, the company has offices in the Philippines and Japan, and the Japan office serves as the company's technology development base, mainly developing new 3D printers, CAD software, and other new products.
▼High degree of self-discipline
The company has a wide range of development areas from hardware to software, and each person has a lot of discretion, so you can be in charge of everything from planning to product launch.
- Corporate Culture
- This tech start-up is new and their organizational structure is agile. They have an office in Tokyo and another one in the Philippines. They have a very flexible work schedule which lets their employees enjoy a good work-life balance as long as they are able to deliver work results. The company already has a foreigner working with the team, and since they are working closely with a team in the Philippines, they are pursuing a more global team and welcome international candidates to join.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Official Language is English
- International sales
- As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will work with both the sales team and product team to develop web platforms that serve as the company's core systems. The company and the system have both just started, and only a part of the system has been digitized. The company wants to expand the web platforms to encompass its entire work.
■Web applications (1st priority)
Build web platforms that can be used to manage:
Patient, diagnosis and sales data
Reservation and scheduling (in the future)
Inventory (in the future)
Keep improving the system corresponding to new clinics and staff expansion.
Become well-informed on internal operations and suggest efficient workflow methods.
Support staff in the Philippines with how to use the system.
Hear requests about the system from staff in clinics.
Work both independently and on a team.
Be self-driven to learn, push new ideas, and teach others.
Gain fluency in a designated specialty such as:
■Smartphone applications (2nd priority)
Develop smartphone app used for recording patient walking videos and sensor signals (Basic component is out-sourcing and the company needs to improve based on that)
Web(Back): MySQL, Django (Python)
Smartphone: Flutter, React Native
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・B.S. in any engineering course, preferably computer science.
・3＋ years of experience as a software engineer.
・Database skills (preferably MySQL).
・Frontend skills (preferably Django, but Angular, React, Vue is fine).
・Other general programming languages (Python).
・Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
・Good verbal and written communicator in English.
-OK to work on "one year fixed term contract" or "free lance contract" *Please note that the job is not a permanent position but fixed term contract or freelance contract
・Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, email, online communication tools (Slack, etc.).
・Self-motivated, self-disciplined and can do the job with minimal supervision.
- Japanese Level
・Experience working with AWS.
・Experience using APIs (Slack, Asana, Trello, etc.).
・Smartphone development experience (Flitter, React Native and so on)
・Project management experience including developing project plans, tracking project progress and so on.
・Excellent communications skills – must interface successfully with other engineers, non-technical personnel and with customers to define and later deploy products.
・Interest in startup and business in developing countries.
- Ideal candidate
- ・People who are passionate about helping others through technology
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）