- About the company
- This company provides a food service DX platform that combines AI, Fintech, and IoT to enable centralized management of store data in the cloud, centered on mobile ordering and self-checkout. The company's service is a cloud-based store solution that addresses the three major challenges of the restaurant industry—labor shortage, inbound response, and midday meal response—through automation, multilingual support, mobile ordering, and self-checkout. Since its founding in 2009, the company has been a pioneer in the development of mobile ordering systems and has provided services with groundbreaking features such as "one-time QR codes" and "mobile ordering with post-payment self-checkout". The company has the technological capability to handle restaurant orders that tend to be complicated, such as the distribution of alcohol for cocktails and toppings for dishes.
In March 2021, the company raised 550 million yen in funding, which the company plans to use to further develop its services and position itself as a "food service DX platform". The company is also planning to renew its services in the future, so you will be able to work on the "foundation" of services that link up with well-known major SNS and cashless payment services, as well as product development that incorporates cutting-edge technologies such as AI and 5G. The company is also working on unannounced projects with some of the world's leading tech companies such as GAFA.
Currently, mobile ordering is spreading in the US and China ahead of Japan. It is expected to spread rapidly in Japan in the future, and the market is expected to grow further. The company's food service DX platform is ideal for DX and OMO because it allows integrated management of ordering and payment services for offline stores and various online channels, including mobile ordering, self-checkout, and mobile POS, in the cloud. The company's services have been attracting a rapid increase in inquiries due to the need for contactless needs in the COVID pandemic and the need to strengthen online channels such as takeout, delivery, and e-commerce.
- Corporate Culture
- ・This is an environment where you can work on cutting-edge projects with speed and a high degree of freedom at your own discretion. In addition, regardless of your history with the company, you will be entrusted with tasks and positions of responsibility depending on your wishes and abilities.
・Close proximity to the management team, and an environment where you can easily talk to the CEO.
・Many employees have extensive experience in the restaurant industry.
・Remote work and flextime have been introduced.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- PR Aspects
- ・Pioneer in the mobile ordering industry.
・Provide a food service DX platform that links the latest technologies in AI/Fintech/IoT.
・In-house service (full cloud)
- Other details
- The company is developing an order system for restaurants to improve the efficiency of their operations and increase sales. The service has been installed in many stores—from major chains to individual stores—and the need for this system is increasing further due to the COVID pandemic.
Due to the expansion of the company scale and the increase in the number of stores using the system, the company has decided to recruit a new software engineer for collaboration and customization development.
As a software engineer, you will work with sales staff at client companies of the company's food service DX platform to negotiate with customers on system integration and customized development. Specifically, you will be responsible for the development of customization and linkage with the client company's payment, sales management, attendance management, reservation management and other systems. You will also be involved in technical negotiation and fit and gap analysis with end user companies and collaboration partners.
Depending on your experience, you will be entrusted with a wide range of tasks, including planning proposals, analysis, and marketing-conscious system implementation consulting. This is the perfect environment for those who want to improve their skills, as they can be involved in the entire process from proposal to requirement definition, design, development and operation.
➤Attractive points of this job
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be involved in the construction of a cutting-edge, next-generation restaurant system that integrates offline stores and online channels, such as mobile ordering, in the cloud and leads to real-time analysis and action.
You can be involved in new areas such as OMO and digital marketing.
You will be able to be involved in the development of SaaS type services that are continuously growing.
In addition to end users such as major restaurant chains and major commercial facilities, you will also have many dealings with major telecommunication companies and major system companies, allowing you to participate in large-scale projects and experience growth together with the company.
By delivering value-added services to restaurants affected by the COVID pandemic, you can contribute to society, including reducing food waste.
You can be involved a company that is aiming for IPO in 2023.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Experience negotiating with external clients
・Experience with defining requirements and creating design and specification documents
・Experience with issue management using Backlog or similar tools
・Experience and knowledge of estimating overall development
- Japanese Level
・Experience and knowledge of development in the food and beverage and POS domains
・Experience in managing a development team of multiple people
・Knowledge of development processes such as agile and waterfall
・Experience in development, maintenance and operation of SaaS products
・Experience in development as a software engineer
・Experience as a project leader
・Interest and experience in the food service and retail industry
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）