- About the company
- This company provides a food service DX platform that combines AI, Fintech, and IoT to enable centralized management of store data in the cloud, centered on mobile ordering and self-checkout. The company's service is a cloud-based store solution that addresses the three major challenges of the restaurant industry—labor shortage, inbound response, and midday meal response—through automation, multilingual support, mobile ordering, and self-checkout. Since its founding in 2009, the company has been a pioneer in the development of mobile ordering systems and has provided services with groundbreaking features such as "one-time QR codes" and "mobile ordering with post-payment self-checkout". The company has the technological capability to handle restaurant orders that tend to be complicated, such as the distribution of alcohol for cocktails and toppings for dishes.
In March 2021, the company raised 550 million yen in funding, which the company plans to use to further develop its services and position itself as a "food service DX platform". The company is also planning to renew its services in the future, so you will be able to work on the "foundation" of services that link up with well-known major SNS and cashless payment services, as well as product development that incorporates cutting-edge technologies such as AI and 5G. The company is also working on unannounced projects with some of the world's leading tech companies such as GAFA.
Currently, mobile ordering is spreading in the US and China ahead of Japan. It is expected to spread rapidly in Japan in the future, and the market is expected to grow further. The company's food service DX platform is ideal for DX and OMO because it allows integrated management of ordering and payment services for offline stores and various online channels, including mobile ordering, self-checkout, and mobile POS, in the cloud. The company's services have been attracting a rapid increase in inquiries due to the need for contactless needs in the COVID pandemic and the need to strengthen online channels such as takeout, delivery, and e-commerce.
- Corporate Culture
- ・This is an environment where you can work on cutting-edge projects with speed and a high degree of freedom at your own discretion. In addition, regardless of your history with the company, you will be entrusted with tasks and positions of responsibility depending on your wishes and abilities.
・Close proximity to the management team, and an environment where you can easily talk to the CEO.
・Many employees have extensive experience in the restaurant industry.
・Remote work and flextime have been introduced.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- PR Aspects
- ・Pioneer in the mobile ordering industry.
・Provide a food service DX platform that links the latest technologies in AI/Fintech/IoT.
・In-house service (full cloud)
- Other details
- The company is developing a food service DX platform that includes mobile ordering and self-checkout. The company has a track record of implementation by many major companies, mainly in the restaurant industry, and is entering a phase of rapid growth with the goal of an IPO in 2023.
In recent years, the number of stores using the company's service has been increasing rapidly due to the growing needs for contactless payment and takeout, and the company is looking for a server-side engineer to strengthen its development system.
As a server-side engineer, you will be responsible for the overall server-side development of the food service DX platform using PHP. Depending on your skills and preferences, you will also be responsible for building and tuning DBs in the AWS environment. This is a position where you can be involved in a wide range of areas including front-end, database, and cloud computing.
➤ In this role, you will be responsible for the development of new functions for the mobile ordering system.
・Adding functions to the management screen used by store staff.
・Developing linkage with existing stationary POS.
➤ Attractive points of this job
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company that is growing continuously, and to be involved in the development of a continuously growing service.
You will be able to participate in the IPO phase of the company.
This is an environment where you can easily reflect your own opinions and requests in the product as the system is being established.
You will be able to grow with the company by participating in large projects with many major companies.
You will be able to gain a wide range of experience from downstream to upstream processes.
Although this is a BtoB service, you can experience the service as a user in a restaurant, so you can use that experience in your development.
You can contribute to society by delivering value-added services to restaurants that are affected by the COVID pandemic.
➤ Team structure
There are currently 6 people in the server department.
➤ Development environment
Hardware: Mac, iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
Tools: GitHub, AWS, GCP, Docker, Slack, Backlog, CircleCI, Bitrise (CI/CD)
➤ Languages and technologies
Administration screen, API: PHP, Laravel, Yii, etc.
Mobile order web app: Angular.js, Ionic, etc.
In-store web app: React, etc.
Infrastructure: AWS, GCP
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・3+ years of experience in PHP Laravel development
・Basic operation of version control systems such as Git and experience developing in a team using them
- Japanese Level
・Experience with deploying services
・Understanding of TDD and CI/CD
・Knowledge and experience with redundancy and scalability
・Experience in operating 24/365 always-on servers
・Experience with developing, maintaining, and operating SaaS products
・Experience with development using React
・Experience as a project leader or director
・Understanding of development methodologies such as waterfall and agile
・Experience with requirements definition and basic design
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）