- About the company
- Since its inception in 2005, the company has been a, if not the, dominant leader in the Japanese online dictionary industry. Its popular online product attracts 40 million users in Japan and abroad—that is to say at least 1 out of 4 Japanese people are using their services, and the market penetration rate in the foreign language learning market in Japan can be over 90%. Its tremendous success in the dictionary market has also brought many other opportunities in related fields like international traveling, study abroad, translation, publication, consulting, etc.
The company is proud to respect and have diversity and a flexible work hour support system. It has 4 employees from Europe, North America, East Asia, and ASEAN, and has a facility/system to support childbearing mothers, LGBT and staff who have other family commitments. With an open-minded and performance-driven culture, depending on the specific requirement of each job, employees can work from home if they want. And actually many do.
Now the company has 4 offices across Japan and 1 foreign subsidiary. With an optimistic view of the future, the company is now trying to expand internationally and plans to add another 4 foreign offices to its global franchise. As a growing firm, they are actively hiring international talents like you to join the team and grow together.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Joint company/office overseas
- As a member of this company's development team, you will be responsible for the development of an online dictionary service.
In addition to direct service improvements such as implementation of new features and performance tuning, you will also be responsible for improving the productivity of the team by refactoring the existing code base and maintaining development workflows and tools.
Background of the position
With the mission of "expanding people's options through the Internet", we have been growing our business with a focus on online dictionary services.
We are currently expanding the scale of our development team in order to further improve and scale our services, and we are looking for an engineer who can accelerate our development.
Development and operation using Java (Spring Boot)
Redesign and refactoring of existing systems
Improve the performance of the service.
Workflow and tool maintenance to improve the productivity of the entire development team.
Mission of this role
To provide valuable services to users by quickly implementing and improving new functions.
To provide valuable services to users by quickly implementing and improving new features.
To keep the application maintainable and scalable in order to increase the development speed.
The appeal of this role
You will be involved in performance improvement and operations to support a service with a monthly PV of 240 million.
In addition to code and development workflows, you will also be responsible for project management and work style, and each team member will be able to play a part in the improvement cycle.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only