- About the company
- Since its inception in 2005, the company has been a, if not the, dominant leader in the Japanese online dictionary industry. Its popular online product attracts 40 million users in Japan and abroad—that is to say at least 1 out of 4 Japanese people are using their services, and the market penetration rate in the foreign language learning market in Japan can be over 90%. Its tremendous success in the dictionary market has also brought many other opportunities in related fields like international traveling, study abroad, translation, publication, consulting, etc.
The company is proud to respect and have diversity and a flexible work hour support system. It has 4 employees from Europe, North America, East Asia, and ASEAN, and has a facility/system to support childbearing mothers, LGBT and staff who have other family commitments. With an open-minded and performance-driven culture, depending on the specific requirement of each job, employees can work from home if they want. And actually many do.
Now the company has 4 offices across Japan and 1 foreign subsidiary. With an optimistic view of the future, the company is now trying to expand internationally and plans to add another 4 foreign offices to its global franchise. As a growing firm, they are actively hiring international talents like you to join the team and grow together.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Joint company/office overseas
- As a member of our development team, you will be primarily responsible for the development of our online English conversation service.
In addition to direct service improvements such as implementation of new features and performance tuning, you will also be responsible for improving the productivity of the team by refactoring the existing code base and maintaining development workflows and tools.
Background of the position
With the mission of "expanding people's options through the Internet", this company has been growing its business with a focus on online dictionary services.
They are currently expanding the size of our development team in order to further improve and scale our services, and we are looking for an engineer who can accelerate our development.
Backend development and operation using Java (Spring Boot)/TypeScript (Express)
Redesign and refactoring of existing systems
Improve the performance of the service.
Workflow and tool maintenance to improve the productivity of the entire development team.
Mission of this role
To provide valuable services to users by quickly implementing and improving new functions in the backend.
To cooperate with the business side team to improve the service by utilizing the knowledge of backend development.
Maintain applications in a maintainable and scalable state in order to increase development speed.
You will be responsible for the following
You will be working with a team that is proactive in applying the latest technologies to the development tools and environment they use, such as the adoption of Java 11.
You will be part of a team that promotes design and development using DDD (Domain Driven Design) and has a high awareness of creating products that are valuable to users.
Be able to develop in a team with a high awareness of creating products that are valuable to users.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
Experience in web application development and operation in either Java or Node.js
Experience in RDB table design
Knowledge of web security
- Japanese Level
Understanding and knowledge of computer science
Knowledge of computer networks
Knowledge and experience in AWS operation
Experience in development and operation using WebRTC
Experience in development using Firebase
Experience in developing payment systems using PAY.JP, PayPal, etc.
Knowledge and development experience with DDD
Experience with workflow and development process improvement for development teams
Experience with speaking engagements and OSS activities
Experience in service development and operation in a DevOps team
Experience developing products in an agile team
- Ideal candidate
- The person who can work with a positive attitude and enjoy the work.
The ability to work in a start-up environment and handle a wide range of tasks simultaneously
The person who can take initiative to take action by himself/herself.
The person who can take initiative to take action ・The person who can learn by himself/herself, identify issues, and communicate ideas in his/her own words
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work