- About the company
- This company was founded in 2016 with the vision of "Enjoying the entirety of Japan for an amazing life". They provide a one-stop platform service for travelers to Japan, enabling them to gather information, book accommodations, conduct e-commerce, make reservations for transportation and various activities, and make payments. The company's main target regions are Hong Kong, Taiwan, and mainland China, but their user base is also expanding to Southeast Asian countries, Australia, and North America. By using free SIM cards set up at the airport for visitors to Japan, the company provides a one-stop shop for transportation reservations (JR, etc.), accommodation reservations, activities, and shopping.
The company is preparing for the recovery of inbound demand while focusing on the growth of new businesses launched in response to the COVID pandemic.
Through powerful fundraising capabilities and strong collaboration with JR, Tokyu and other companies, they are continuing their core business while also providing domestic travel for Japanese and international students. As a new business, they are also exploring the possibility of using their resources to provide workcations amidst COVID.
【Attractive points/strengths of the company】
・Strong fundraising ability (Raised 800 million yen in funding in November 2020)
・Strong network with JR, Tokyu, airports, etc., which are difficult to get in touch with, and alliance with JR to stimulate domestic travel for Japanese residents
・The CEO was involved in the development of new businesses on the Internet, such as the planning and development of the launch of Jalan and Hot Pepper Gourmet. She then founded Jalan Research Center, which conducts research on domestic travel and attracts customers to the region. She founded this company in July 2016. She also holds various public positions, including serving as an expert member of the national and prefectural governments. She was selected as one of the leading female executives of 2017 in EY Winning Women 2017, an award system for female executives run by Ernst & Young ShinNihon LLC.
・The CTO worked as a backend engineer for Yahoo! Shopping, leading projects such as the renewal of the order system. In 2013, he traveled to Alibaba in China for six months to learn about the systems/businesses of Taobao and Tianne, and was inspired by the speed and scale of Chinese business. After that, he worked as a development leader for Yahoo! Travel and was transferred to ASKUL Corporation before being appointed as the company's Technical Director in 2016. He was responsible for the technology of shopping, travel, and dining services. In 2019, he sympathized with this present company's vision and joined as a VPoE. He became CTO in September of the same year.
- Corporate Culture
- ・A global, diversity-respecting culture
・Engineers' opinions are highly respected and new services are discussed between the engineers and the business side
・An environment where engineers can freely select technologies
・30% of employees are foreign nationals
・Flexible work style: fully remote, flextime system (core time: 10:30-15:30)
- Global Aspects
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- Other details
- Flex time system
- Visa support
- Design, development, and operation of their product (a platform service for tourists visiting Japan)
【Software and Development Flow】
The company selects the necessary software and architecture depending on the application, such as Ruby for HTML-centered web-related products, Scala for products suitable for static typing, and React/ReactNative for web front-end and mobile app development.
・Ruby, Rails 6 series
・PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
・OneSkyApp (translation), Mixpanel (behavioral analysis)
・PR-based development using GitHub
・Slack, Kibela for internal information sharing
・WeChat mini-program development for China, etc.
【Select the most appropriate technology for the situation】
・The company is promoting microservices in order to respond quickly to the rapid expansion of their services.
・This allows the company to choose the most suitable language and architecture for each service, and Scala has been adopted for services where robustness is particularly important.
— For example, the company's SIM management service is developed using Scala 2.13, Akka HTTP, ScalikeJDBC, and ScalaTest.
・Although Scala is a statically typed language, it can be written in a simple way by using type inference and higher-order functions to eliminate redundant descriptions.
・At the same time, it has the benefit of compile-time type checking, which makes refactoring very easy and comfortable.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Experience in web application design, development, and operation
・Experience in Rails development (Series 6)
・Experience developing and operating on AWS or Heroku
・DB design experience
- Japanese Level
・Experience with server performance improvement
・Experience with large scale data migration
・Experience with security-conscious implementation
- Type of people (Personality)
- ・People who share the company's vision
・People who have a desire to provide services of value to users by utilizing technology.
・People who are intellectually curious and willing to engage in self-improvement
・People who have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to take initiative in getting things done, rather than being limited to their own work
・People who can work as part of a team in a diverse organization, and can work with humility, trust, and respect for colleagues
・People who have a strong awareness of the business value created by monozukuri (the making of things), rather than being confined to the realm of technology
・People who are able to stay close to users and focus on analyzing their needs
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）