- About the company
- A Japanese subsidiary of a US-based IT company.
With the aim of becoming a "problem-solving engine," it launched a search site and has been a leader in IT technology in Japan.
It has been a leader in IT technology in Japan.
With the largest share of the search engine market (used by about half of all Internet users), the site has generated a huge number of hits and a steady stream of advertising revenue.
Media, commerce, entertainment, finance, etc.
media, commerce, entertainment, finance, and many other fields.
It is one of the largest Internet services in Japan, with about 50 million monthly users.
It has become one of the largest Internet services in Japan, with about 50 million monthly users.
In order to achieve further growth, we will not only accumulate but also utilize the multi-big data generated from various services.
In order to achieve further growth, we are working on innovation to become a "multi-big data driven" company that not only accumulates but also utilizes multi-big data generated from various services.
We are working on innovation to become a "multi-big data driven" company that not only stores but also utilizes multi-big data generated from various services.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- You will be in charge of developing smartphone applications (iOS/Android) for each service developed by this company.
This company provides more than 100 services in a wide range of business domains such as media and commerce, and boasts about 50 million ID active users per month and one of the largest traffic volumes in Japan.
With a high percentage of usage via smartphones, you will be involved in the development of new functions and services unique to smartphones, not limited to the existing Yahoo!
We aim to provide applications that truly satisfy our customers by making full use of qualitative research such as usability testing using interview rooms and quantitative research such as log analysis.
You will be in charge of
-Internet Search business
- E-commerce business
The working environment for engineers
* They have an extensive support system for improving engineering skills.
* Windows/Mac is selectable for PC.
* The development style varies depending on the service, but agile development is the main method, and many teams use Scrum as a method.
* Source code is shared on GitHub Enterprise. Chat communication tools are widespread, and the environment allows for easy online information exchange with engineers from other organizations.
* Paperwork and other tasks that should be omitted are minimized so that engineers can spend more time on development work itself.
* The office is a free-address space. The desks are deliberately arranged in a zigzag pattern to facilitate face-to-face communication in a well-designed office. There are also chairs that are surrounded to help you concentrate on your work.
* Remote work at home, etc. is possible using the Anywhere Office System.
* We have a flextime system with no core time, so you can leave the office early and participate in study sessions and events outside the office.
* The company believes CI/CD as a means to increase development efficiency in order to deliver more products that have value to users. For example, you can set up a server with a single click on the internal system.
* For example, we can set up a server with one click on our internal system. User feedback is picked up on a regular basis and utilized in service development.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
Experience in any of the following
Experience in iOS application development using Swift/Objective-C
Experience developing applications for Android using Kotlin/Java
NOTE: For iOS, the transition from Objective-C to Swift is recommended company-wide.
- Japanese Level
- Type of people (Personality)
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Twice a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
Career opportunities for engineers
* They provide an environment where you can shape your career according to your own preferences and the skills and experience you want to acquire, such as reassignment to a different service or change of job type, through our transfer request system and weekly "1-on-1 meetings" with your superiors.
* In addition to a career in management, there is also a path to becoming a technical specialist through the "Black Belt System," which is given to outstanding expert human resources.