- About the company
- With the mission to change the world by changing the conventional beliefs of clothing, the company provides quality clothes at a great price. The company is trying to share the joy of wearing quality clothes to people all over the world.
The company operates a wide brand portfolio, with 8 different fashion brands. Their flagship brand, known for their high quality everyday comfort, operates globally and is responsible for their own manufacturing process: from procurement and design to production and retail / ecommerce sales.
The company aims to become the world's number 1 apparel retailer, and plans to strengthen their global presence in 2020. To do so they have been very aggressive in acquiring foreign clothing brands and further expanding globally. They have been making a lot of innovation in the way that factory and manufacturing line works as well as logistics line so that they can deliver the clothes to the customers in very prompt manner.
- Corporate Culture
- There are many talented employees from all over the world. There are variety of works/projects that you will be involved in and you have to be flexible and are very good at communicating with other people in order to be successful in the company. The company is very fair in promotion and reflect your performance in promotion as well as in bonus.
The company encourages people to aim high as the company still maintains entrepreneurial spirit. For bonus and promotion, people who set higher goals will get better evaluations even if he/she did not necessarily achieve the set goals.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Joint company/office overseas
- International sales
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- This is Japan's leading retail emporium - with a goal to be the world's biggest retail chain by 2020, their current revenues that run in the trillions of the yen is only set to rise in the run-up to reaching its ultimate goal.
- Other details
- Structured On-boarding after you join the team
- Values clearly defined
- Training opportunities
- Clear career path
- Japanese lessons for foreign employees
- An Application Engineer, in particular, takes a core role of system building and operation, as a vital existence. You will be responsible for tasks involving basic system design, actual building, testing, service launch, and operation. As a senior engineer, you are also required to take the initiative in conducting design/implementation reviews for other engineers and resolving issues regarding architecture, design, scalability, and performance.
Application engineers are divided into the sub-categories as below. You will find many opportunities to play an active role with the scale expansion of the company.
・Enterprise Application Development Engineer
You will mainly engage in development and operation to achieve advanced production, logistics, and delivery for the supply chains and automated warehouses. In addition, you will develop and operate a core system that makes use of SAP products (S/4 HANA Finance, CAR, PI, etc.).
・Data Linkage/ETL Development Engineer
You will engage in building and expanding systems for global intercompany data integration/data linkage on the Cloud.
・Fast Retailing Common Global Infrastructure Development Engineer
You will engage in in-house development of batch processing infrastructure, data linkage infrastructure, and authentication/authorization infrastructure that have been deployed as the company-wide common service on the Cloud, as well as deployment of developed products into business applications.
・Data Lake Development Engineer
You will engage in designing and developing data lakes and data linkages that perform an integrated management of the company''s big data.
・EC Backend Engineer
You will engage in designing, development, and global rollout of EC platforms built with microservice architecture.
・EC Frontend Engineer (Web)
You will engage in designing, development, and global rollout of EC Frontend built based on React/Redux.
・Native Application Engineer (iOS or Android)
You will engage in designing, development, and global rollout of native applications for iOS and Android used for EC/stores built fully from scratch.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Logical thinking. Ability to understand an intention and background, and to lead to solving problems regardless of language.
・Excellent communication skills in Japanese or English.
・Passion for IT technology, Sincere attitude toward problem solving, Positive attitude, a strong sense of responsibility and flexible thinking.
・Academic degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification.
・Knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
・At least 5 years of experience in system basic design, detailed design and testing.
・At least 3 years of experience in system operation.
・Basic infrastructure knowledge and experience.
- Japanese Level
・Experience in development/operation of API, Batch, etc., for B2C.
・Experience in building and operating business systems in Fashion Apparel industry or EC,
・Experience in using the Cloud of main cloud providers such as AWS, GCP.
・Experience as a lead engineer in a multinational team.
・Experience in building frameworks, or libraries, commonly/generally used.
・Experience in building and operating a large-scale web service.
・Experience in building and operating a supply chain of production, logistics, etc.
・Experience in developing and operating together with an external partner and system integrator.
・Knowledge of automation technology such as continuous integration and continuous deployment.
・Experience and understanding of test methodologies and quality control.
・Experience in Agile development
・Experience in developing a distributed system, high-level parallel processing system, or high availability system.
- Type of people (Personality)
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- The company
・Allows you to expect great growth as an engineer by engaging in platform development and operation covering product planning, production, logistics, and sales of world-class fashion apparel brands with great influence.
・Enables you to improve your technical skills working with engineers from all over the world who have high technical capabilities.
・Enables you to step up your engineering level because advanced technology is introduced with a sense of speed in an enterprise scale.
・Enables you to demonstrate leadership by participating as a core member, because the team is in the process of expanding.
・Allows you to take on difficult challenges as a member of the flat organizational team that even CTO participates in code reviews and design reviews, since IT investment is active company-wide.