- About the company
- In recent years, the food service industry has struggled to hire enough personnel to meet the demands of customers. This tech solutions company aims to utilize new technology to provide solutions for this sector, cutting the large costs that companies in the food industry face, not only for labor but for the cost of things like ingredients as well.
The technology the company produces automates certain processes in the kitchen in order to reduce the need for manual labor. For things like ingredients, the AI Automation Robot automates simple cooking-related tasks in the kitchen.
Currently, they are building a Cooking Robot together with a major restaurant chain in Japan. They are developing a robot that uses image recognition to automate certain processes that typically occur in a factory setting.
3 main focuses of the company:
1. Tech solutions that reduce the need for labor
By automating restaurant ordering, payment, and a multitude of other tasks, the company seeks to solve labor problems not only by reducing hours on a task but by freeing up the existing staff to do other things.
2. Easy implementation into existing establishments in the restaurant industry
The company is developing compact robots that will fit even in small spaces in inner-city locations.
3. Creating solutions that cover a wide variety of cooking methods
The tech company is an engineering team composed of highly skilled people in AI, IoT, robotics, and design. They intend to create a single solution that covers many different food preparation methods.
- Corporate Culture
- The company has a startup atmosphere which engineers may appreciate.
There is no dress code and employees can wear casual clothing in the office. Engineers can work freely and independently.
- Global Aspects
- Many employees speak English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- The company has a partnership with the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry and other organizations.
- Other details
- With the mission of "creating a sustainable food infrastructure through technology", we develop and sell "cooking robots" and "business robots".
The labor shortage rate in the food service industry is over 80%, far higher than the Japanese average of 30%. While the restaurant industry has a high rate of business openings, it also has a higher rate of business closures than other industries, with 70% of businesses closing within 3 years. We are convinced that we can contribute to sustainable restaurant management by optimizing labor and raw material costs, which account for 70% of restaurant industry sales.
All of our businesses require engineers with the latest technology in their respective fields and sharp thinking to grasp the essence of the problem. We are trying to build a team with members who have strong motivation and high insight to solve problems.
Currently, we are developing products specifically for major restaurant chains, but we plan to expand to the restaurant industry around the world through the development of versatile products. Let's work together to create the next generation of the restaurant industry by digitally transforming the restaurant industry, which has not undergone any changes, and reforming the longstanding issues of labor shortage and cost structure.
The mission of this position
We aim to solve the labor shortage in the restaurant industry by using labor-saving technologies.
You will be responsible for
This is an opportunity to work for a company that has been in the food industry for many years. You will be responsible for the design of cooking robots that perform cooking tasks such as boiling, cutting and serving, using linear motion and pneumatic devices.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
5-10 years of mechanical design experience
Practica experience of product development
Mechanical design experience using Vertical feeding and Pneumatic equipment (5-10 years)
Able to analyze and design using 3D Cad and other analytical tools
Experience of being involved in mass product design
- Japanese Level
Experience of being involved in design machines for food, cosmetics and medical industry
Expereince of designing kitchen equipment
Design skill on control system
Experience of plastic molded product and sheet metal parts design
Ability to manage assembly line as well as performance evaluation experiment
Passion for MONOZUKUR
Knowledge other than mechatronic
- Ideal candidate
- -Team player
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Remote Work