- About the company
- Founded in 2013, this manufacturing and drone solutions company quickly became the most popular in Japan. With their mission to liberate humanity through technology, this company is constantly coming up with ways to optimize the use and functionality of drones in ways that will positively contribute to society. They are actively pursuing world-class autonomous technology that promotes the evolution of humanity.
With a global team continuously seeking diversity, they have 3 R&D departments:
1.) Machine Intelligence Department
2.) Prototyping & Flight
3.) Flight Control & Electronics
Besides manufacturing and selling drones, the company is constantly developing ways to optimize and come up with solutions using their drones. They recently have been applying and offering drone solutions to solve problems like infrastructure inspection, aerial delivery in collaboration with Rakuten, and vicinity safety management surveillance, amongst others.
During the first interview, candidates will be interviewed by the CTO directly. There is an onsite coding test for engineers. Those who pass the first round get to be interviewed by the COO.
- Corporate Culture
- The company is very modern and innovative and takes after Western company culture. The CTO of the company is non-Japanese and the managers of the R&D teams are all non-Japanese as well. English is widely used as the medium of instruction and the company has a very flexible environment. Flextime is available and overtime is discouraged. Face-to-face discussions are given importance due to the high volume of technical discussions involved with each project. The engineers often attend conferences in the US and are heavily exposed to new innovative tech trends.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- • Development of embedded software for autonomous drone control
• Reading and processing various on-board sensors
• Controlling on-board devices, e.g. motors, camera, etc.
• Communications with off-board systems via wireless
• Development environment: C, C++, Linux, RTOS
• Creation of requirements definitions and detailed design documents
• Management of version control (git), automated testing, etc.
• Strategic planning for software development with the CTO
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
• Proficient in C and C++ languages for embedded firmware development
• Fundamental understanding of RTOS
• Experience with Ubuntu (Linux) development environment
• Development experience with microcontroller I/O (CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO)
• Experience in requirement definition, detailed design, unit and integration testing, and documentation
• Understanding specifications documents in English
- Japanese Level
• Experience with drones (building, piloting, theory, etc.)
• Experience deploying and debugging firmware on ARM Cortex-M
• Experience in low-layer development, such assembly, register manipulation, memory management (heap, stack), interrupts, etc.
• Experience with debugging with an oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.
• Experience with RTOS development
• Experience with Python development
• Experience estimating development effort
• Skill for negotiating with external stakeholders
• English (business level) is a plus
• Japanese (business level) is a plus
- Type of people (Personality)
- • Skills to facilitate both internal and external collaboration
• Proactively fill in missing job functions on their own
• Proactively tackle new obstacles
• Resolve difficulties with a positive attitude
• Analytical skills for fact-based and evidence-based discussions
• Skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）