- About the company
- This company founded in 1948 is dedicated to the production and sale of marine power distribution and control/measurement equipment. From its establishment, the company has been specializing in marine manufacturing. However, as it adapted to modern changes, the company has now transformed into a digital company. Its goal is to now provide support and services for maritime logistics through the help of modern technology. The company heeds to its common values: Going beyond expectations, being proud of one’s work, supporting challenges, and having team harmony and mutual respect.
With its adaptation to modernization, a Digital Innovation LAB has been established within the company. The role of this department is to improve maritime services through innovative digital technology. They are working towards the development of a training software for marine engineers and seafarers with the use of a Mixed Reality Platform and Microsoft HoloLens. It is also developing autonomous navigation technology and other products utilizing IoT and Artificial Intelligence.
- Corporate Culture
- Although the company is a Japanese company, they aspire to change the working environment, especially for the Innovative department. They are keen on developing a flat structure that encourages mutual-learning and team building. Employees dress casually for work and an award system exists for teams and individuals who make effective improvements. Remote work is also possible and so is engaging in side projects or businesses. It is also possible for the candidate to choose to work either in Tokyo or in Yamaguchi.
Additionally, there is also company-sponsored training in Silicon Valley, USA for its engineers. This is a 2-week all expense paid training that the employees get to participate in.
Depending on the candidate’s profile and experience, there are 2-3 rounds of interview. There will be technical questions for the first interview.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- PR Aspects
- The company has won multiple awards and recognition.
The company has gained recognition of its unusual “dress casually” initiative for a traditional Japanese company.
- The company is looking for collaborators, individuals who breathe design; those who always want to make digital, brand, process, service or environmental experiences.
The company is looking for designers with empathy—someone who cares about listening to other people, understanding the human experience, and making things that matter.
3 Major Aspects of the Position:
•Human-centered design - Research & analysis, service design, rapid prototyping & testing, design workshops & coaching
•UX - Experience strategy, audience research & analysis, information architecture, design & interaction, audience validation & usability testing
•Creative services - Executive presentations & training, branding & graphic design, conferences & events, video
•Collaborating with clients and internal teams to design the overall user experience for a wide variety of digital experiences and applications, from desktop to mobile and whatever’s next—addressing things like interactions, information architecture and visual design
•Planning, conducting, and leading client white-boarding sessions, design sprints, design workshops, and project meetings
•Prototyping (ranging from low- to high-fidelity with interactions and visual design) solutions and iterating them based on user insight and client feedback
•Helping clients better understand their users – through structuring and conducting user research and evaluating usability of finished designs
•Advising clients of current UX/XD methodologies, while maintaining flexibility and adapting to their methods
•Working with development teams to refine scope and ensure proper implementation
•Collaborating with your XD teammates from design reviews to pitches for new work
•Bringing your own unique perspective to solving challenging problems
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
•5+ years of UX experience – taking ownership, driving understanding, and delivering solutions that exceed expectations
•Expert-level proficiency with UX design-related software and tools (e.g. Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
•Breadth of experience along the spectrum of UX design and ability to wear multiple hats
•Portfolio of work samples that expresses your design work and original approaches to the challenges. Your portfolio should show your end-to-end design process, not just the final solution.
•Experience creating personas and customer journey maps and other research deliverables
•Develop, produce, and iterate wireframes, information architecture diagrams, clickable prototypes, UI guidelines and design assets
•Consistent attention to detail in your work
•Experience estimating UX project efforts and managing workload
•Executive presence - outstanding communication, design thought leadership, presentation and storytelling skills
•Strong interest in designing for emerging technologies, mobile UX, and an aptitude for learning new technologies
•Ability to lead, passion for learning, and drive to grow
- Japanese Level
・Experience working with agile methotorogy.
・Knouwledge of agile methotorogy.
- Type of people (Personality)
- -People who take ownership of their work and actions
-People who can get along with team members
-Those who are action oriented
-People who are very motivated
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Special Housing Allowance
- ・In case working in SHIMONOSEKI office, JRCS provides company dorm (only 7,500yen/month)
・After 5 years working, 50,000 of housing allowance will be paid if s/he lives in Tokyo.
(The allowance is included in offering salary)