- About the company
- The company was established with the mission of "Sharing the Benefits of Artificial Intelligence with Everyone." They have come up with a fast and reliable service for training Deep Learning systems. They launched a cloud service that would change the way people live and work, and can replenish a dearth of resource that Deep Learning data scientists face.
The service that the company is providing gets a lot of attention from laboratories and enterprises because they are the first company in the world that serves GPU from AMD for deep learning usage. Moreover, they have reduced the cost 80% and increased the performance 50% maximum compared to other existing companies.
Nowadays, the demand of computing resource is increasing rapidly but the cost is expensive so the company's service can rescue and help with the development of this new technology.
- Corporate Culture
- The company is a fully remote working environment. They also have flex time and they also provide support some allowance for those who would like to work outside of their house, whether it be in a cafe or a co-working space. People who are in the Engineer team are really into technology, most of them do programming over the weekend as a hobby. Their philosophy is be a challenger, but at the same time the CEO encourages employees to have a good work and life balance.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- PR Aspects
- In September 2019, the company raised funds around $104M for a seed round and the total accumulated amount of fund raising is about $150M.
- The company is developing GPU cloud service so they are looking for server-side engineers who can develop the backend of the company's product.
-Investigate network devices(like NICs, routers, and so forth) for its performance, price/performance ratios, and conflicts with other hardware.
-Investigate speed and its price /performance ratios and conflict with server components like CPUs, Memories, MainBoards, and so forth.
-Develop and manage GPU EATER server side code and testing it on testing platform.
-Work on the latest trends because they work with large companies and startups that use cutting edge technology
-Work with experienced engineers in an environment that you are able to touch latest technologies
-Work with CTO who is a professional in Deep Learning and as well as with a CEO who worked as an executive member of a Tokyo Stock Exchange listed corporation
-Get involved in the decision making aspect of the company direction and be a part of a team who makes an impact to the company development
-You will need to go to the data center to maintain the machine in Nishishinjuku.
-You may need to keep up to about 10 machines in your house for investigating hardware performances, testing and staging platforms, and repository of your developing code.(or the company can rent an office to set up the machine near where you live.)
-When you investigate hardwares or develop a new feature, you sometimes need to go to the store(mainly in Akihabara area). You need to communicate with the shop assistant to get information about hardware specifications(price/perf ratios and conflicts with other hardwares) and the way to refund when conflicts occur.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
- Japanese Level
-Communication in Japanese
-LXC/LXD or Docker or Kubernates
-Angular or React or Vue
- HTML, CSS, HTML5, CSS3, SQL, Database, RDBMS
- Type of people (Personality)
- -Really into programming and want to pursue a career as a specialist
-Enjoys learning new technologies
-Develop some programming as a hobby
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- -Flex time system (Core time is 11:00~16:00)
-Allowance of cafe (10,000Yen) or co-working space (15,000Yen) to work outside house
The company can cover these depending the situation below:
Because of COVID-19, the company provides US$300 temporarily to set up work from home. (This might be suspended without announcement beforehand)