- About the company
- This company founded in 1948 is dedicated to the production and sale of marine power distribution and control/measurement equipment. From its establishment, the company has been specializing in marine manufacturing. However, as it adapted to modern changes, the company has now transformed into a digital company. Its goal is to now provide support and services for maritime logistics through the help of modern technology. The company heeds to its common values: Going beyond expectations, being proud of one’s work, supporting challenges, and having team harmony and mutual respect.
With its adaptation to modernization, a Digital Innovation LAB has been established within the company. The role of this department is to improve maritime services through innovative digital technology. They are working towards the development of a training software for marine engineers and seafarers with the use of a Mixed Reality Platform and Microsoft HoloLens. It is also developing autonomous navigation technology and other products utilizing IoT and Artificial Intelligence.
- Corporate Culture
- Although the company is a Japanese company, they aspire to change the working environment, especially for the Innovative department. They are keen on developing a flat structure that encourages mutual-learning and team building. Employees dress casually for work and an award system exists for teams and individuals who make effective improvements. Remote work is also possible and so is engaging in side projects or businesses. It is also possible for the candidate to choose to work either in Tokyo or in Yamaguchi.
Additionally, there is also company-sponsored training in Silicon Valley, USA for its engineers. This is a 2-week all expense paid training that the employees get to participate in.
Depending on the candidate’s profile and experience, there are 2-3 rounds of interview. There will be technical questions for the first interview.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- PR Aspects
- The company has won multiple awards and recognition.
The company has gained recognition of its unusual “dress casually” initiative for a traditional Japanese company.
- The company is looking for a QE Engineer to join its Digital Innovation department. As a QE engineer, you will be working with the company’s Innovation LAB in developing software and products related to Cross Reality Training and AI assistance and command technology
Successful candidates have experience working within an Agile delivery model and can plan and execute tests that leverage the latest tools and automation frameworks.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of two years of experience in the Software (or related) field, with experience creating tests within one or more automation frameworks.
•Work closely with Scrum team throughout a project to constantly monitor and provide feedback on the quality of the product
•Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end) on all variety of platforms (e.g. mobile, MR, web, portal frameworks)
•Produce test estimates for testing activities
•Produce status reports and quality metrics
•Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage
•Assist project teams in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria
•Share knowledge and help build skills of other team members
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
•Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
•Project experience using an Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Japanese Level
•Functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
•UI Test automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Protractor, Watir)
•Experience with test management tools (e.g. Azure DevOps TestPlans, TestRail, HP ALM)
•Mixed experience in various QE-related roles such as:
oSoftware Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
oAutomation tester or automation framework developer
oManual functional tester oPerformance test engineer
oQE tools, reporting, and metrics oMobile or web UX tester oTest environment or test data coordinator/lead
•Additional technical experience:
oUnit and integration testing oService / API testing oPerformance / load testing
oDevOps / build engineering
oApplication security testing
oCustom test tool development
oMobile application automation
•Project management, Scrum master
•Business requirements analysis
- Type of people (Personality)
- -People who are responsible for completing their own tasks
-People who can get along with team members
-Those who are action oriented
-People who are very motivated
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Special Housing Allowance
- ・In case working in SHIMONOSEKI office, JRCS provides company dorm (only 7,500yen/month)
・After 5 years working, 50,000 of housing allowance will be paid if s/he lives in Tokyo.
(The allowance is included in offering salary)