- About the company
- The company is one of the world's 'Big Three' global consulting firms. Two-thirds of the worlds’ fortune global 500 companies are the company’s clients. With offices around the world, most of the consulting works are long-term deals (around 20 years’ span) and almost all are CEO-based deals.
Since you will be working with long-term client deals, you can actually experience how the company’s advice impact the client companies' growth. While many of other foreign strategic consulting firms are usually run with the HQ as the centre, this company differs in a sense that the Japan office was given a lot of autonomy.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values diversity as they believe that having diversity is the key to keep providing quality and innovative consultancy to clients. They have been true to this belief throughout their recruitment process.
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- CEO/Executive is a foreigner
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- International sales
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- They’re looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist to join their rapidly growing team. In this role, you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and apply data science methods and analytics to real-world business situations across a variety of industries. You will also get the chance to travel: we have clients in New York, Paris, Stockholm, Peru etc...
Make sure your passport is ready to go!
・Apply software development practices and standards to develop robust and maintainable software
・Develop abstract analytic models to solve complex problems for decision analysis
・Maintain an active role in every part of the software development life cycle
・Guide non-technical teams and consultants in understanding analytics at scale, infrastructure as code and best practices for robust software development
・Optimize and enhance computational efficiency of algorithms and software design
・Design data structures and visualization of results to provide users actionable intelligence and situational awareness of supporting data
・Interact directly with clients on new features for future product releases
・Share software design and solutions ideas
・Full stack development: GraphQL, React
・Data: SQL, Spark, Hadoop
・Data Science and machine learning (Pandas, Scikit learn)
・Deep learning (Tensorflow, Keras etc.)
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
・Fluent in Japanese ( JLPT N1), experience of working in Japan.
・Recent Master’s Degree in computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or other data centric disciplines with relevant internships or up to 5 years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions
・Strong record of extracurricular activity, professional accomplishment, and leadership
・Additional experience in core analytic methods such as predictive modeling, customer segmentation/clustering, network analysis, supply chain optimization, etc.
・Fluency in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R)
・Fluency in English and local office language is required
- Japanese Level
- Type of people (Personality)
- ・Are comfortable in a client-facing role with the ambition to lead teams
・Can distill complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations
・Are able to explain sophisticated data science concepts in an understandable manner
・Love building things and are comfortable working with modern development tools and writing code collaboratively (bonus points if you have a software development or DevOps experience)
・Have significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations and a proven ability to synthesize complex data; as well as a deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, and are able to translate this into business implications for our clients
・Have strong project management skills
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Twice a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- Golden Week
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Conference/event participation support
- Book purchase support
- Free Coffee/Tea
- ・Bonus twice a year
・For your performance evaluation, there will be company’s meeting twice a year where your manager will be evaluating you. You will also have opportunity to give feedback to your manager.