- About the company
- As the Digital and Innovation arm of a global consulting firm that boasts offices around the world all working with a diverse portfolio of companies. They manage the development of business solutions for their stakeholders, this division is tasked with achieving their goal of maximizing the use of technology to help businesses to understand their data, shorten lead time and simplify their processes.
If you are interested to work in a fast-paced, continually changing team and have a background in digital technologies and approaches this is the position for you.
- Corporate Culture
- At the core, this company is a traditional consulting firm, with clear steps for career progression, fast-paced and demanding of excellence from their employees. The Digital and Innovation department is a tight-knit group, of highly motivated self-starters who are very goal oriented and work well together.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Official Language is English
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- PR Aspects
- Its diverse team consisting of about 100 people, all with different backgrounds and expertise, there are 15 different nationalities represented in the team.
- The major responsibility is to facilitate release events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value through planning, scheduling, and controlling the building, testing, and deploying of the release.The release manager views both new functionality and protects the integrity of the development and production environments. The Release Manager will work closely with cross functional teams to coordinate activities from the initial request through deployment.
The Release Manager will enforce our Agile processes to ensure development tasks are completed according to our timelines. Although the Release Manager won’t be directly developing software, there should be a base comfort communicating technical details about our technology internally and externally.
•Accountable for the end to end release management process
•Accountable for the negotiation, planning, and managing release discussions and activities
•Clearly understand the dependencies and compatibilities across product releases and communicate major changes to project and product teams
•Maintain the release schedule, aligning with key partners and vendors
•Produce deployment and implementation plans
•Manage regular release reporting
•Assist the Product Owner with sprint planning
•Understand the impacts of branches and code merges
•Accountable for managing risks and resolving issues that arise from cross team as well as inter-team dependencies that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
•Define detailed release schedules and requirements based on project and user needs
•Coordinate release content based on the request backlog, pending requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
•Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Milestone Reviews with Scrum Team
•Communicate release details and schedules with internal stakeholders
•Continually improve and define the release process
•Function as Scrum Master with primary role of removing blockers for Scrum Team
•Accountable to ensure all required commits/components are included in releases and shipped to users on time
•Participate in sprint planning and scrums to track changes of timeline and communicate impacts to project and product teams
•Monitor the quality of releases, track bugs and schedule corresponding fixes with product teams
•Continually work to make the release processes better, faster and set a solid foundation that evolves.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
•Previous software release management and/or project management experiences
•Experience working with Agile/Scrum and Continuous Integration
•Experience coordinating a technical team, implementing and maintaining workflows
•Familiarity with using task management software, for example MS DevOps and/or JIRA
•Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
•Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization in both English and Japanese
•Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Japanese Level
•Certified Scrum Master
•Experience in Microsoft Azure cloud solutions
- Type of people (Personality)
- • Be passionate about discovering and applying new technologies, ideas and unique solutions to complex and transformational business problems.
• Be creative, yet disciplined in their approach and constantly engaged in learning new
things to support the transformation agenda.
• Have a high level of discipline and a structured approach for documenting and managing own work (and teams work for managerial positions.)
• Be a self-motivator and possess the communication skills and character to constantly engage with a fast-paced, always changing team.
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- Summer Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）