- About the company
- The company, founded in 2011, is a clothing company with the mission of providing high quality, comfortable luxury clothing worldwide. They have established several concept stores in Japan and have a presence in department stores. They have also launched a store overseas in the UK.
The company has established a global E-commerce platform and while it's development was previously outsourced, the company is currently redeveloping their platform with their own in-house development team.
- Corporate Culture
- The company currently has 15 employees at their head office including 3 employees from oversees. The main working language is English and the tech department currently has approximately 5 team members. The tech leader is from overseas and the CEO speaks English fluently.
The company has not introduced a flextime system, but it's negotiable to allow employees to work remotely, considering his/her lifestyle.
- Global Aspects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- PR Aspects
- -The company has been featured by the BBC
-The company has been awarded 'Entrepreneur of the Year' from multiple organizations including the British Chamber of Commerce.
-The company has multiple concept stores and a presence in department stores across Japan.
- You will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying the e-commerce platforms and website from layout to function using the design team’s vision. The candidate must strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation within the context of their core value, ‘Instant Elegance with Day-long Comfort’. The company is also looking to develop owned media strategies, and the right candidate will be given the opportunity to extend their roles and responsibilities in this area in the near future. This role would suit an ambitious young developer with 3-4 years’ experience.
-Develop, test and implement their new online store (EC site) based on creative input from the team. Experience with recognized open source e-commerce platforms (e.g. Magento, Prestashop, WooCommerce) is essential
-Regular meetings with stakeholders and management/art direction teams to implement new features.
-Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
-The position requires constant communication with colleagues in English.
-Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
-Independent worker – you can follow a plan and take advice/feedback from the team
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Experience in UI design
-Knowledge of Internet security rules
-Experience of using APIs, Adobe graphic software
-English Communication Skills
- Japanese Level
- Type of people (Personality)
- -People who are passionate with their work
-People who can share ideas actively
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）