- About the company
- This company aims to create pioneering technology that is indispensable in our every day lives. Working primarily in the space industry, this company specializes in creating satellite technology that drastically makes one of the most traditionally expensive products - satellites - cost-effective and accessible on a commercial scale.
The two main services they provide is split between government and corporate clients.
On the government level, this company is working with JAXA in an exclusive partnership to build and launch 50 satellites into space by 2020. Using the combined satellite data, they aim to have total coverage of the earth’s total surface area. The rich macro data collected will thereafter be used to help sustain entire industries and geographies such as agriculture.
On a commercial level, the company will also be creating customised satellites for companies based on their specific business needs. This company is providing this service at a highly competitive rate amongst other providers because of their cost-reducing structure.
By developing and utilizing innovative technology in one of the hardest sectors to break into (i.e., the space industry) they have built a reputation for being a game-changing company in the sector both in Japan and globally. With applications in agriculture, forestry, infrastructure monitoring to say a few, the amount of data this company has developed has amassed information that can be used across sectors to manage and monitor activities for the better.
- Corporate Culture
- The company values initiative across the board. As a start-up this is trait is highly valued in order to help push the boundaries of the industry and to move the company forward to gain a competitive advantage. If you're a self-starter with a passion for innovation and technology, this is the company for you!
- Global Aspects
- Deal with global projects
- Already foreign employee(s) working
- Many employees speak English
- Communicate with foreign clients
- Actively pursuing diversity at the work place
- Market research overseas
- PR Aspects
- The company was the first company in the world to create commercially available satellites. They are also leading pioneers in the field of microsatellites which have built them a client base that ranges from government bodies and institutions such as JAXA to corporate bodies across sectors.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Building full-stack analysis solutions using earth observation data (optical satellite imagery, weather data, radar measurements, etc.)
Working closely with the business team on developing new solutions to practical problems.
※Please note that the position is only for those who are currently residing in Japan only
-Proven relevant industry/academia experience
-Strong Python skills.
-Strong statistical analysis skills
-Experience developing machine learning based models
-Experience working with as many of the following libraries: GDAL, Tifffile, Rasterio, Geopandas, Shapely, Fiona, Cartopy, Xarray, Iris, netCDF4, AWS CLI.
-Experience working with (open) EO data.
-Ability to have technical conversations in English.
- Japanese Level
-Advanced degree (MSc, or PhD) in any relevant computational field (Computer Science, Remote Sensing, Physics, etc.)
-Experience in any of the following: TensorFlow, Pytorch, D3.js, React, Typescript, Julia.
-Relevant first author work published in a peer-reviewed venue.
-Japanese language fluency.
- Type of people (Personality)
- those who are interested in the filed of space
- Annual Expected salary (Minimum)
- Annual Expected salary (Maximum)
- Salary promotion
- Once a year
- Transporation cost coverage
- Covered based on Company's set policy
- Work hours
- End of Year and New Year Holiday
- National Holiday
- Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance （労災保険）
- Health Insurance （健康保険）
- Unemployment Insurance (雇用保険）
- Welfare Pension Insurance （厚生年金保険）
- Other benefits
- Special Housing Allowance